Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are there problems with the Constitution? Is there anything in there we need to change?

Are there problems with the Constitution? Is there anything in there we need to change?

Posted - December 1, 2019

Responses

Here is my take on it:  It was written CENTURIES AGO.  By old white men.  Nothing has changed from their standpoint.  A lot has changed from everyone else's.  Joe Biden must DIE.  
      December 2, 2019 3:08 PM MST

Hello ttt:

Yeah..  We need a Constitutional right to vote..  Right now, it's up to the states.. 

Other than that, I think it works pretty good.

excon
      December 2, 2019 11:41 AM MST

God, I haven't seen you in forever.  We need a lot of rights that the Constitution provides.  If we had a decent Senate and House we could make a few well-needed Amendments.  Nothing about that thing needs to stay static for centuries.  
      December 2, 2019 3:09 PM MST

Hello Sharonna(?)
    How are you doin....
    What amendments would you like to see to the constitutional?
      December 3, 2019 5:56 PM MST

Hey there ex....
    The 24th amendment claims the right to vote for the citizens of the U.S. for U.S elections...
    What state does not allow citizens to vote...and I don't buy the argument that voter i.d. laws constitute a "poll tax"...
    Aside from that, how things going? A happy holiday season to ya brother
      December 2, 2019 5:47 PM MST

The only problem with the U.S. Constitution are the liberal turds, and the Democratic tards that's trying to shred it. 

December 2, 2019 11:57 AM MST

Turd---A person regarded as obnoxious or contemptible.

Tard---A person with mental retardation. (slang, derogatory, offensive) A person who acts stupidly.

So, you agree that Trump is the primary problem with the US Constitution.
      December 2, 2019 1:13 PM MST

I think that people who are racist always think of their enemies as BROWN.  
      December 2, 2019 3:17 PM MST

Here is what is wrong.  The right to put up with retards and include them in all the normal processes that require thinking and responsibility are a rule of law.  That is what is wrong.  The retards call these people brown and different and immigrants but all they need to do to see what is ruining this country is to look dead in the mirror and point.  That is what is wrong with this country. People who push fear and ignorance because most of them don't even know what each number stands for, what each Article defines and what the Amendments are.  No one who defends MY COUNTRY RIGHT OR WRONG has a clue what is in there and no one that YELLS LOCK HER UP has a passing acquaintance with any SACRED LAWS.
      December 2, 2019 3:13 PM MST

There's no problem with the Constitution. However, there are a lot of problems with the people that are supposed to uphold it.
      December 2, 2019 2:39 PM MST

There are a lot of problems.  And not knowing what lies therein is a big one.  

Did you know that the PRESIDENT IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW?  FOR STARTERS??? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 2, 2019 4:57 PM MST
      December 2, 2019 3:15 PM MST

Yes. The second amendment is an anachronism and should have been repealed more than a century ago. Or at least modified - when that was written, muskets were state of the art.
    A handgun with a 4 bullet clip is just as effective a deterrent to home invaders as a howitzer with a magazine of 100. You don't need a bazooka to drop game. Military style weapons belong in the hands of the military and nobody else. Assault rifles, or anything self-loading with a high capacity magazine, should be outlawed forthwith (as is the case in Australia since Port Arthur, New Zealand since Christchurch, and most of the rest of the world). This post was edited by Slartibartfast at December 4, 2019 6:38 AM MST
      December 3, 2019 4:31 AM MST

I guess you have never heard of tbe Punkle gun made in early 1700s. Fired 63 shots in 7 min. It was the machine gun of its tome. 

We will not get rid of our gun they are used for self defense most of the time. And history shows that when you take guns from the citizens crime rates increase. As is the case in Australia.

Australia assaults (40%) are up and sexual assaults (20%) are up as as well. Think that has anything to do with disarming victims?

Homicide has decreased by nine percent since 1990 and armed robbery by one-third since 2001, but recorded assaults and sexual assaults have both increased steadily in the past 10 years by over 40 percent and 20 percent respectively. The rate of aggravated assault appears to have contributed to the marked rise in recorded assault, and for both assault and sexual assault the rate of increase was greater for children aged under 15 years, with increases almost double that of the older age group.

Notice the source in my link is the Australian government.

December 3, 2019 5:10 AM MST

Irrelevant, the vics weren't packing heat beforehand. An assault rifle isn't something you can hide.
      December 3, 2019 4:43 PM MST

The difference is the rapist now KNOW for sure that the victim is a sitting duck. Where before they were hoping their victim was not armed. 

Why do we not publish a list of names and addresses of licensed gun owners? Because it tells the criminals which house is unarmed. 
      December 3, 2019 4:53 PM MST

It was a VERY safe bet, Australia has never shared America's love affair with firearms. Note in my initial post I didn't decry handguns with a small clip. Also in almost all cases of assault or robbery, the very first thing an assailant does is grab the vic's purse or handbag, so she can't get at any weapons hidden there anyway. (My better half carries a small can of aerosol insect repellent - perfectly legal and more effective than mace in the eyes).

Why does any nonmilitary situation require a large caliber weapon and/or a big magazine?

In reference to the Puckle gun, they were never mass produced and one shot every seven seconds isn't terribly impressive - you can do that with a musket or long rifle if you're experienced. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at December 3, 2019 5:27 PM MST
      December 3, 2019 5:25 PM MST

Dear Slarti, I must interject something here.  Since you are pretty astute politically and LIVE there?  I'll just bet you know what you are talking about here.  
      December 3, 2019 5:27 PM MST

But fact is your assaulted increased. Crime in UK also increased when they banned guns there as well. So we have a record to see what happens when you disarm people at large. 

Did I say the punkle gun was mass produced? No. I said it was made before the Constitution was written and it was the machine gun for its time. And could fire 9 shot a min. A musket at that time could get 2 a minute average. 4 with a very skill shooter. Last time I check 9 is more than two times 4 and more than 4 times 2.  So there is no comparison of a puckle vs a musket.

An AR is not a large caliber. 

Hunting large game requires large caliber (legally required) 
     I believe went through this before.  This post was edited by my2cents at December 3, 2019 6:34 PM MST
      December 3, 2019 6:31 PM MST

A .303 will drop a horse. You absolutely never need anything heavier than that, unless you're in the military attacking armor.
      December 3, 2019 9:48 PM MST

As I said even a properly placed 22 shot will drop large game as well but proper placement a must. 
      December 4, 2019 6:04 AM MST

I agree.  
      December 3, 2019 5:29 PM MST

Agree to disagree.  Years ago had a home invasion, police took 40 minutes to arrive.  Four (4) shots would not have been enough, three (3) of the invaders left feet first the 4th in an Ambulance.  He died at the hospital.....  Now in the US the police do not have a duty to protect the citizen - seriously.  Supreme court rules that way in a District of Columbia case in the 70's to protect the District.

The 2nd amendment was designed as a leash on the Elected Government.  Note in the US a citizen cannot own Military weapons, Class 3 etc.  Goes back to 1938 via legislation put forth by the NRA.

Now get your facts straight.  When you eliminate the suicides, gun deaths are actually down in the US except in the heavily gun regulated cities - think Chicago

Oh yeah my neighbor does have military grade weapons in their apartment - A Belt Fed FN and 2 true Assault Rifles.  Similar to a number of my other neighbors.  We in Austria are more heavily armed per capita than the US This post was edited by Archerchef at December 4, 2019 12:05 PM MST
      December 4, 2019 5:43 AM MST

Since gun regulations were tightened in Australia, mass gun murders (defined as multiple homicides with 3 or more victims, excluding family murder/suicides) are also down - to zero. None in twenty years. Proof of the pudding, cobber. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at December 5, 2019 1:57 AM MST
      December 5, 2019 1:56 AM MST

We shall agree to disagree.  I would be dead if I was not armed 11 years ago - besides you are a more homogeneous society
      December 5, 2019 2:17 AM MST

Not zero in 20 yrs, AU just had one this summer. 

Darwin Shooting June 2019

Wedderburn Oct 2014

Hectorville Apr 2011

Monrash Unv Shooting Oct 2002

Wright St Bikie Murders Oct 1999

December 5, 2019 6:06 AM MST