Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » No question results matters. But are they all that count? What about wanting to do the right thing, helping? Isn't that worth something?

No question results matters. But are they all that count? What about wanting to do the right thing, helping? Isn't that worth something?

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating/tasting." True. That determines if the pudding is edible tasty delicious. But if it isn't you have other things to consider.

The cost of the ingredients
The time and effort of the person who made it
The good intention of pleasing someone

Though they may all have been for naught and the pudding had to be thrown out do we discount it because it was a failure? That seems harsh and unkind. I think effort and intention is worthy of mention and counts for something. Said by a person who has thrown out a few things that were a disaster.

Posted - December 1, 2019

Responses

Good intentions can make us feel better about ourselves but if they don't bear fruit then they end there.  Similarly just giving people a muffin or a meal can satisfy our need to help others but if that only makes them more dependent upon us and more unable to earn their own meals  then what have we accomplished in the long run? 
      December 1, 2019 9:41 AM MST

Thank you for your reply og. I believe you have embedded a partisan political message therein when my question has nothing to do with politics. Oh well. Thank you for your reply.
      December 1, 2019 11:10 AM MST