Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Guess What? For once a statistic makes sense. Which one(s)?

Guess What? For once a statistic makes sense. Which one(s)?

Number one state in population
California
39.56 MILLION
Number of Starbucks  2,821

Number two state in population
Texas
28.7 MILLION
Number of Starbucks 1,042 (second most Starbucks populated)

Now I don't know if that will follow through for every state. But surely anyone can figger out that the larger the population the larger will be the number of other store locations to SERVICE that population.

So California has the most Starbucks. OF COURSE IT WOULD being as how there are more people living here than in any other state.

Texas has the second most Starbucks. Logical that it would since it is the second biggest populated state.

And so it goes. Right?

It ain't that California is more hoity toity than other states. There is just a he** of a lot more of us. I think Palm Beach is the hoitiest with "the Hamptons" running a very close second. I've never visited either one so I do not speak from experience.

Of course we have Bel Air, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Palm Springs and lotsa other lush locations. What is the hoitiest toitest place in the world? Any of you high rollers who are world travelers have a clue? Wanna share?

Posted - December 3, 2019

Responses

I'm wondering who this ANSWER is for?  Because it is an answer. No one is arguing this and you are answering this. 

Great answer. You'd be great at answering if you ever give it a shot.  I mean other people's stuff.  
      December 3, 2019 10:13 AM MST

I plan to do that when I run out of questions to ask Sharon. Until then I ask and am always running behind. Thank you for your comment.
      December 4, 2019 1:52 AM MST

Are you sure we're not a bit hoity toity?  I mean, per capita we're not the largest Starbucks state.

In this little town there are 2 starbucks - on ron the south side and one on the east side.  The one on the east side opens at 5am, and there's almost always a line outside the palace long before opening time - even if it's pouring rain or there's 4 feet of snow.  Te hon re4o nmteh south side is in an old fast food building.  The Drive-through there is always well out into the street.  In the mornings the place looks like the LA freeway at rush hour.  (Seriously, where do all these people come from???)  Do people flock there for their astronomically high priced coffees, or for their drastically overpriced junk that bears their logo?
      December 3, 2019 1:59 PM MST

That stats I quoted say we are Shuhak. Now what per capita do you refer to because you have just stymied me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thy.
      December 4, 2019 1:53 AM MST

I found those stats too.  Although California has the most starbucks overall, states like Washington have more per capita.
      December 4, 2019 9:06 AM MST

Hey there Rosie, been a while. I have to ask: is going to Starbucks a statement of status in any way, at least in the US? Or perhaps simply having one around is. I can't say I've ever entered one myself, but I reckoned it serviced daily multitudes just as McDonald's does.
      December 3, 2019 2:08 PM MST

McPukie's coffee is a dollar and quite good. Why would some idiot pay three for that same thing?
      December 3, 2019 6:04 PM MST

I do NOT trust those taste buds of yours. I trust your mind, but not those buds.  You see, coffee, is not necessarily something that needs to cost a lot, but it has to be organic and low acid which usually is more than one dollar. I want calm nerves and awake energy, not frazzled Puckle nerves.
      December 3, 2019 6:06 PM MST

Do you drink coffee? If not, speak not of what you know not. To me, if it tastes good, I drink it. I don't care if it was sprayed with DDT.
      December 3, 2019 6:10 PM MST

99.  I have successfully given up so many things that most people cannot.  As you know.  I cannot manage to successfully end coffee.  I have managed six weeks.  Now I am drinking it again.  I CANNOT GIVE IT UP.  But the minute it hits my nerves, I know if I will ever drink that brand again.  I have very fragile nerves when it comes to the wrong caffeine.  So, I have to be careful.  That is why I was raving to Just Asking about the Bulletproof Coffee at Sprout's grocers here in Phoenix area.  Let's never go there again.  All I ever wanted to do was send her some and she turned it into some insane convoluted problem that I never meant to create. I just wanted a place I could send her a pound.  Sheesh.  But, I digress.  I do drink coffee and I like to think I am somewhat of a coffee gormand so to speak.
      December 3, 2019 6:14 PM MST

Hi there DG! Here's my take on it. Like Rolex watches Starbucks is a status symbol. The coffee is super expensive and some folks double dip. Go twice a day every day. Maybe they hang out there. Mebbe they spend $10 a day or more drinking double triple single mocha latte jumbos dumbos. I mean you don't develop the pricey habit unless you got the expendable bucks to do it. I could be wrong of course. I can't see going into hock to drink status symbol coffee. It's like those folks who turn up their noses at shopping at Walmart, clipping coupons, and price comparisons. The same folks who buy online through Amazon cuz it's cheaper go out of their way to pay top dollar for groceries by shopping the upscale stores. Go figger! It's cheap to eat at McDonald's. Nothing about Starbucks is cheap. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee sweetie! :)
      December 4, 2019 1:58 AM MST

I doubt it's something I'll ever really understand, but thank you for the reply; and a Happy Wednesday to thee too!
      December 4, 2019 4:16 AM MST

You're welcome DG. Take care! :)
      December 4, 2019 4:32 AM MST

How aboot Tim Horton's, eh? For accurate statistics you need more than two data points. Only a plot of all of the states could support your premise. You do it. Too much work for me. This post was edited by Element 99 at December 4, 2019 4:23 AM MST
      December 3, 2019 5:58 PM MST

Billionaire?  Sure. All of 'em.  Even the ones who would never invite him to anything that didn't have to do with their money.   OOooops, sorry everyone. I am answering the wrong question.  I stand naked and afraid but, will leave the answer for all to see. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2019 4:23 AM MST
      December 3, 2019 6:02 PM MST

We all have our gummy moments.
      December 3, 2019 6:05 PM MST

I am having a boss moment.  I keep getting criticisms on my day off.  It is not making me gummy. It is making me angry.
      December 3, 2019 6:07 PM MST

Not what I was talking about...

December 3, 2019 6:17 PM MST

Tom Horton? Is that an Ohio thing? Never heard of him it or them.l As for your reaction. Whatever turns you on rings your chimes floats your boat. Be my guest. I ask questions for me not thee. Thank you for your reponse. Here we go again.
      December 4, 2019 2:00 AM MST

Tim Horton's. A Canadian owned coffee shop chain. It is quite popular here.

Tim Hortons Inc. (known as Tim Hortons Cafe and Bake Shop in some countries) is a fast food restaurant chain, specializing in coffee and doughnuts items. It is Canada's largest quick service restaurant chain; as of December 31, 2018, it had a total of 4,846 restaurants in 14 countries. The company has its headquarters in Toronto, Ontario.
    Your questions are for everybody.

This post was edited by Element 99 at December 4, 2019 7:51 AM MST
      December 4, 2019 7:49 AM MST

I have to remind people "Timmies" are too expensive...

December 4, 2019 7:58 AM MST

Indeed.There are 3 stores here within 15 minutes drive and I have never been to one.
      December 4, 2019 8:18 AM MST

Did you read my mathematical explanation of statistics?
      December 4, 2019 7:57 AM MST