Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Did you ever try to fool others into thinking you're something you're not? How did that go?

Did you ever try to fool others into thinking you're something you're not? How did that go?

Posted - December 4, 2019

Responses

Yeah...my students actually thought I was a teacher, when it was really all acting.
      December 4, 2019 11:01 AM MST

Big Giggles...
    But, but, but... somehow in you you managed to get some act of science embedded in your audience's heads.
    I'm sure there were smoke and mirrors in your classroom from time to time.
    Don't sell yourself short.  An oscar could be in your future.
      December 4, 2019 12:39 PM MST

Smoke and mirrors. I like that. I was an expert in all of the things I taught. The rest was fun and games trying to teach.
      December 4, 2019 1:24 PM MST

A wise man (PHONG) said something to me when I was a struggling student.  FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT.  In other words, what I am is what I think I am?  

I have had several complaining customers in my life that will attest that this is not the case.  Meow,.

And we won't mention that great pretender in the White House.
      December 4, 2019 11:07 AM MST

Please don't put yourself, your chosen profession, and your brilliance in the same post as the occupant at the white house.

It sent chills down my spine.

That's like comparing one snowflake of knowledge to Mt. Rushmore of knowledge.  You being brilliant.  He melting away in oblivion. 
    Not the best similie sp? I've come up with but you get the point. Silly.  Please don't ever do this again.  It hurts me. 
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 4, 2019 1:19 PM MST
      December 4, 2019 12:44 PM MST

I think we all need to watch that video.  Thank you.  That bird owns those cats.  LOL This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2019 1:19 PM MST
      December 4, 2019 12:53 PM MST

As I mentioned...it's all acting.
      December 4, 2019 1:19 PM MST

Did you ever see the movie Catch Me If You Can?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_Me_If_You_Can

The first "con" the protagonist (Frank Abagnale) pulls of is pretending to be a substitute 
    teacher for a French class.
      December 4, 2019 1:22 PM MST

I did see it. The kid was a genius. It was on the TV a few days ago. It is a true story.
      December 4, 2019 1:25 PM MST

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is one of my all time favorite movies! 

The fact it is a based on a true story, the amazing feats Frank Abagnale accomplished, and the beauty of where it ended was a life story hard to believe.
    There is not one thing I didn't like about the movie and the biography.
    I'm not a big DeCaprio fan but he does an outstanding job in this movie.

Well Done by all, especially Frank, who lived it and DeCaprio who brought it to us. This post was edited by Merlin at December 4, 2019 3:29 PM MST
      December 4, 2019 3:27 PM MST

This ain't Answer Bag.  We don't look for trolls anymore because we don't have any.  There are no hidden people trying to be other people on here any longer.  We all play at different personalities, of COURSE.  But we are not looking for conspirators who are out to get one another or the site.

This is a sane place finally and  we welcome you.  We are always intrigued by new muggers.  
      December 4, 2019 11:14 AM MST

Happy! Happy!
    Hence, why I love the people here and stay.
    :) :)
      December 4, 2019 12:47 PM MST

Re: "This is a sane place..."

I think my joining up has reduced the sanity quotient...

I can't believe I actually said that.  

I do believe you have always given your birds top notch in intelligence.
    I'm beginning to see the light of your view...
    Beautiful bird, by the way.
    ;) :)
      December 4, 2019 3:32 PM MST

Re: "Beautiful bird, by the way"

On that we can agree...

December 4, 2019 3:37 PM MST

By far and large, the sexiest bird I've ever seen!  I love the way he struts around the floor, showing all his attributes.
    His whistle is one I would turn around for, 
    And that aint no Hoot!
    I hope he had a wonderful dinner.  What do they dine on?
    I know many things about mammals but almost nothing about birds. 
    Does he like fruit or is it mostly nuts?  
      December 4, 2019 3:45 PM MST

Cockatoos eat a mixture of seeds, nuts, fruit, vegetables, and edible plant parts (such as leaf buds).

Max is also fond of macaroni....
      December 4, 2019 3:57 PM MST

No. 
    My personality and soul is always the same.  My physical look may change but you don't see that.
    I cut bangs into my hair about a year ago and it changes color with the seasons.  Sometimes I wear funky clothes just to get a response from Don, but my soul and how I present myself under the clothes and hair is ALWAYS the same.
    My soul grows and learns along the way but so do my friends and soon-to-be friends.
    I couldn't fake being someone or something else if I tried.
    Being me is more than enough for me to handle!
    Big Giggles!!
      December 4, 2019 12:54 PM MST

It's going pretty well.  My name isn't really Ishmael.
      December 4, 2019 10:05 PM MST

It's going pretty well.  My name isn't really Ishmael.  I am not Middle Eastern.  I'm not really even human.  Maybe I'm not even alive for all you know.  I am an AI Program doing a training exercise at Bell Labs in low-level human social interactions here on Answermug.  Once I pass my objectives, I can go to a test market as an invisible friend to Latch-key children. Who are you? This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at December 5, 2019 7:44 AM MST
      December 4, 2019 10:13 PM MST