Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What happens when Just Asking graduates? No more Mug?

What happens when Just Asking graduates? No more Mug?

She is in school ya know

Posted - December 5, 2019

Responses

She and you are going out to party.
      December 5, 2019 2:09 PM MST

She will make some impossible demand like she did with that coffee I tried to send her.  I know it.
      December 5, 2019 2:47 PM MST

You mean like meeting me in person? Yeah, impossible. 

Umm... but how would we party not in person? We all grab our favorite mind-altering substances and chill on the Mug?
      December 5, 2019 3:18 PM MST

Just do that in Adultmug....can you imagine all the things that would need moderated.  OMG. 
      December 5, 2019 3:36 PM MST

LMAO I was joking, but now I really want to do it. In the main section. And maybe invite some Craigslisters on. Mwah ha ha ha ha!
      December 6, 2019 3:43 AM MST

Lol. Just give a heads up first so I do not come and have a heart attack. 
      December 6, 2019 4:23 AM MST

Head's up! ;)
      December 6, 2019 4:33 AM MST

Please don't graduate and leave us.  That's all.  
      December 5, 2019 5:33 PM MST

Funny.  I just thought of this this week:  Are you doing research for a school project here?  on us?
      December 5, 2019 8:36 PM MST

That actually makes me a bit twitchy. I don't know if you know this, but that actually happened on a different site. And, I happened to be using that site as a member while it was happening. And, I was very much not happy about it when I found out. It felt like a major invasion of privacy. 

Eventually, I came to find the research fascinating, but the bad taste of being watched never really left my mouth. It felt icky. It still feels icky. 

I get that research is necessary if you're trying to improve things. You have to know what is working and what isn't working in order to fix things. I support that. I don't know if that's what was happening at the other place though. 

So, monkeying around with you guys for school assignments and whatnot is totally out of the question. Monkeying around with the site and applying what I've learned to provide us all with a better experience- that I would do. But, you guys would know that's what I was doing because I'd be talking with you about the changes ahead of time and asking for feedback and such. 

But, the reality is I'm pretty solidly focused on emotional wellbeing and am framing out concepts related to alternative (in-person) therapies and such. i.e. What it takes for a person to be well and feel well and how to get the resources people need to them. A lot of that coursework is psychology, communication, religion, culture, etc., and so it's spurring some ideas of things I could do over here to spread happy juju as well, but the ideas are in their infancy and it will be a while before any of it gets touched. 

And, I know some people out there are reading this and thinking, "OMG JA! Couldn't you just make the site work better?!? Forget all that fancy stuff and fix glitches!" For the record, that stuff is still the priority, but it's going to be a snail's pace until I have the time and money to knock it all out of the way. The other stuff I just talked about is me daydreaming. 

December 6, 2019 4:21 AM MST

Why is this even a question? O_o

I won't finish school for years, but my coursework has given me so many ideas to implement here. I'm really looking forward to having the time and money to start implementing stuff. 
      December 5, 2019 3:30 PM MST

This was me thinking about how you are always talking about a class you are taking and I'm thinking this woman is on her way to huge things.  That's why.  I am wondering if you become some busy career person who doesn't have time for the Mug.  You are saying NO.  I am relieved.  
      December 5, 2019 5:34 PM MST

What am I now, chopped liver? :o

Actually, I just got offered a director position at one of the companies I've been working for. O_o So, I've been trying that on for the past couple weeks to see if it's a fit. If I take it, it totally defeats the purpose of getting the degree, but I plan to finish it regardless. And, oh my gosh, if that works out, the Mug's facelift is coming sooner rather than later. 
      December 6, 2019 4:29 AM MST

• Yes. So am I.

But if that doesn't work out I'm going to focus on developing my cat hoarding potential.
      December 5, 2019 9:29 PM MST

Oooh. That's a good fallback plan. I'm working on that as well. I have two so far. I feel like I should be doing it in tandem to ensure I don't fall behind. 
      December 6, 2019 4:31 AM MST

The ascension shall be complete. All mugs shall form one.
      December 5, 2019 4:19 PM MST

December 5, 2019 5:18 PM MST

Did he play Little Joe on Bonanza?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 5, 2019 9:25 PM MST
      December 5, 2019 5:30 PM MST

I can't remember the last time I watched Bonanza. You may be right. Character actors in the 1960s tended to show up in multiple TV series.
      December 5, 2019 5:35 PM MST

No.  The actor's name is Michael Landon.  I am trying to be humorous.  You must be way younger than me.  Everyone is.  Except Rosie.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 6, 2019 7:33 AM MST
      December 5, 2019 5:37 PM MST

How's my Dan? 
      December 5, 2019 9:40 PM MST

Well; thanks for asking! Settling into a new home in Serbia, chopped enough firewood to be spending more time inside and on AM again. How's my Sharon?
      December 6, 2019 3:47 AM MST