Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Politics » did you SERIOUSLY VOTE FOR THIS THING? WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT? THIS IS THE NATION'S LEADER??????

did you SERIOUSLY VOTE FOR THIS THING? WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT? THIS IS THE NATION'S LEADER??????

Posted - December 7, 2019

Responses

lol. i laughed when he talked about toilet 
      December 7, 2019 11:16 AM MST

What you do not see is an idiot making noise through his mouth and taking up time just to focus on him.  He is a fool.    Why do we have to be reminded continuously that he has nothing to say.  WHY?  
      December 7, 2019 11:18 AM MST

Ya that's some crazy Sh*t. I've used low flow  toilets and they work fine and they do save water. Maybe the only reason Trump figures they don't work is because his stools are so full of trans fats they are unsinkable. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 7, 2019 11:28 AM MST

I read an essay by an Australian news reporter assigned to cover the US national government.

She noticed one day that if she turned off her reporter/writer instincts and just listened to what Trump actually said at a news conference she attended, it was incoherent moonbat babbling.

This led her to the conclusion that she and her fellow reporters were (mostly unintentionally) complicit in the normalization of Trump. Rather than let his babble speak for itself, she and her fellow reporters would excerpt, contextualize, and explain his rhetoric to make it sound like Trump is more coherent than he really is. Unfortunately, the editorial demands of modern journalism/media basically force reporters into trying to shape Trump's ramblings into something resembling a conventional narrative.

The essay writer did not have any suggestions for what to do about the collective media normalization of Trump, other than trying to be aware that it's happening and to pay attention to what Trump actually says.

December 7, 2019 11:47 AM MST

As a part time plumber, I can wholeheartedly agree with everything he said here. The EPA has stuck it's nose into plumbing fixtures a little bit too much. I live where water is abundant. Why should we have to use these little dripper type fixtures? The entire eastern half of the United States shouldn't have to suffer for the Nancy Pelosi California Syndrome. 
      December 7, 2019 1:23 PM MST

Because it's the right thing to do? Because areas of naturally high rainfall have generally evolved to have abundant water and because of the impact of over-abstraction on the environment and wildlife? 
      December 7, 2019 1:51 PM MST

In the United States, we have TDMA, CDMA, and GSM phone networks...and we pay the highest cellular telephone bills in the world.

In Europe, each country operates its electrical power grid at different voltages and AC frequencies, necessitating the need for expensive
    DC-to-DC conversion stations in order to trade power between systems, and every traveler has to bring a box of converters to power his or her hair dryer.

The Trump administration's decision to challenge California's authority to set emissions standards (and for other states to either adopt CA guidelines or follow federal ones) has put the automobile industry in a tizzy, with some companies voluntarily complying with CA standards, while others are suing CA to try to legally sell cars in the state.

Examples like the above are legion. In world where economic production requires large economies of scale, standardization is frequently cheaper (even if it results in imperfect local implementation) than customizing for market subsectors.

Of course, understanding this requires judicious study of discernible reality, not just reflexively blaming Big Bad Gubmint and The Stupid Evil Democraps for the imperfections of the world. This post was edited by SaltyPebble at December 7, 2019 2:32 PM MST
      December 7, 2019 2:31 PM MST

Horrifying, truly horrifying, but even more horrifying is that there are some people who truly cannot see this man has the brain of a 4th grader - that's exactly how a 4th grader would talk - no comprehension and rambling on pointlessly.
      December 7, 2019 1:44 PM MST

Sorry, I didn't see you had posted this when I answered your post about him being insane. :)  Somehow, his minions will try to explain what he really meant when he said those stupid things.
      December 7, 2019 3:14 PM MST