Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » One of the features of Wikipedia is the display of some people’s signatures. I find that kind of weird, unnecessary.

One of the features of Wikipedia is the display of some people’s signatures. I find that kind of weird, unnecessary.

What’s your opinion of the topic?

~

Posted - December 10, 2019

Responses

It would be more interesting if they also included some finger facts about the person whose signature it is. The first and most important question would be " does the person have a straight thumb or a curved 'hitchhikers' thumb? I think most people would agree that is the first thing they think of.  
      December 10, 2019 8:55 AM MST

I'm looking at both my thumbs.  My right one is a scoosh stronger than my left, probably from typing, ;), and they are straight at the first joint.  the second joint (furthest from my palm and holds my thumb nail,) do curve out.  They don't make a statement curving those directions but they do curve.
    Is this a trait of my personality?  I never thought I hitchhiked on other people.  

Is this a bad sign?  

December 10, 2019 10:57 AM MST

I have a huge appreciation for hand-written styles.  I think your signature says a lot of about who you are and how you feel about yourself.  As a matter of fact, your handwriting can tell you a lot about YOU. 

I think it is really sad people have taken to typing and using the printed word as opposed to cursive.
    Cursive is an art within itself.  Calligraphy, is in a world all by itself.
    People used to take pride in their handwriting.  It is a crucial part of communication.
    If you are interested, here is a link. Check it out and find out how revealing your signature actually is. ;) :)
    https://www.scienceofpeople.com/signature-analysis/

This post was edited by Merlin at December 10, 2019 5:49 PM MST
      December 10, 2019 10:01 AM MST

(No comma after the word “Calligraphy”.)
      December 10, 2019 5:49 PM MST

It's okay if she is emphasizing a pause.  
      December 10, 2019 5:52 PM MST

It would have to include a clause that shows that.
    Calligraphy, on the other hand, 
    Calligraphy, for example, 
    Calligraphy, in my opinion,
    Calligraphy, and other similar writing styles,
    Calligraphy, the ancient artistic form of penmanship,
    Calligraphy, which is rooted in sophistication,
    Calligraphy, having been overlooked here previously,
    Calligraphy, an obvious choice,
    Calligraphy, not to be outdone,

Need I go on?
      December 10, 2019 8:56 PM MST

Thank you VERY STRONG BULLY.  I was.  Calligraphy, to me, is beautiful to look at, to read, and rather difficult to write without the proper tools.  I've tried for many years! ;)
    I've been told I have beautiful handwriting; however, it can be difficult to read... especially if I'm in a hurry.
    I do make a conscious effort to make it legible.  I stand by it being a very impressionable and important form of communication.

If I have real paper and a normal writing utensil to use, my signature is always legible. Even with the electric ones, I make a strong attempt at making my name readable.  I'm not always successful, but I try. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 11, 2019 8:50 AM MST
      December 11, 2019 8:47 AM MST

Image courtesy of commons.wikimedia.org

commons.wikimedia.org

• “It says a lot.

On January 20, Donald Trump signed his first official documents as president, and observers have since taken the opportunity to scrutinize his signature.

In addition to a distinct appearance, which Quartz has compared to an earthquake reading, it reportedly took him six to seven seconds to write the 11 letters of his name; in contrast, Barack Obama was at least three times faster in writing his.

As Marc J. Seifer, a handwriting analyst, explained to the media outlet about Trump's signature, "It's a long name and he writes every letter, although most of it is up and down angles. The image of his signature is important to him and so he takes a bit of time to get it right."

Meanwhile, Tracey Trussell, a U.K.-based expert, is quoted as telling The Independent, "His signature transmits wild ambition, dynamism, bravery and fearlessness ... He's hungry for power and has both determination and stubbornness in spades."

And certified analyst Kathi McKnight told Us Weekly that "the razor sharp writing, full of points and wedges, reveals someone whose mind is extremely analytical."

Handwriting analysis, also called graphology, factors in elements like a legibility, word spacing, and letter angles to help assess an individual's personality.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 10, 2019 10:16 AM MST
      December 10, 2019 10:05 AM MST

I couldn't pull "graphology," out of my head.  Thank you.
    I find the whole study fascinating. 
    Without trying to write my name any differently, I did sign a piece of paper and then analyzed it.
    I was flabbergasted at how much it revealed about me.
    Here's a thought:
    If you really want to make a change in your life, change your signature. I think it is an unwritten step that has powerful meaning and immediate results.
    :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at December 10, 2019 10:24 AM MST
      December 10, 2019 10:23 AM MST

Me too, Mer.  How you manage to answer so many  with so much is AMAZING to me.  You are a multi-tasking marvel.  Anyway, those who want engineer-type results do not like graphology or any "junk science" which requires interpretation.  There may be two graphologists that may interpret a handwriting and color it with their emotions towards the description.  Someone might think Trump's handwriting denotes a strong character and some see an overly assertive monster.  But I think the foundation of it is totally dependable.  
      December 10, 2019 10:35 AM MST

:) :)!
      December 10, 2019 11:02 AM MST

Looks more like Donald Stump.
      December 10, 2019 10:21 AM MST

Big Smiles!  I didn't know those were Ds.  I thought they were Ses!
    He looks constipated. 

December 10, 2019 10:27 AM MST

He IS constipated.  He doesn't go to the bathroom because he has to flush so many times.
      December 10, 2019 11:05 AM MST

Beyond giggling and into flat-out laughing!
    To make matters worse, he is Wasting Tons of Trees and Water by wiping and flushing!!

December 10, 2019 11:22 AM MST

Glad I made you laugh. :)
      December 10, 2019 12:40 PM MST

I saw Senator Kavanaugh which makes ZERO sense, but neither does Trump.  
      December 10, 2019 10:37 AM MST

Donald, with a middle initial, Trump is what that signature says?

I would never have guessed that.  

Samual S Summings
    Sarah L Sumps
    ? This post was edited by Merlin at December 10, 2019 10:37 AM MST
      December 10, 2019 10:35 AM MST

I saw Senator Kavanaugh.  ???   But what we really see is illegible.  
      December 10, 2019 10:38 AM MST

Exactly.
    Hmmm.
    What I cannot read sends me into reading a whole lot of something they do not want you to see.
    Hiding is something I would not to reveal in such a powerful position as he.

December 10, 2019 11:31 AM MST