Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Communication » I'd wish this could be true

I'd wish this could be true

Like God can send an angel on earth disguised as a human, and he tells you he's a rich man, and can make appear 50K $ out of the blue and give it to you 

Posted - December 11, 2019

Responses

We all wish that.
      December 11, 2019 12:48 PM MST

Money is not much good because all you do is spend it.  Instead of money you'd be happier with a nice lady. 
      December 11, 2019 1:08 PM MST

Yeah...so she can spend it all.
      December 11, 2019 1:13 PM MST

Yeah I dunno,  they often seem to do that 
      December 11, 2019 1:22 PM MST

My first wife did that. My present wife has her own money because I pay all the bills and she pays only the cell bill and her car payment. Heck...I even bought her a pound of...oops, never mind.
      December 11, 2019 5:13 PM MST

i know. being with a nice lady is priceless 
      December 12, 2019 2:12 PM MST

Then you‘d be stuck explaining to the IRS where the 50k came from. 

Maybe God could “create” a suitable tax exemption for you as well. 

December 11, 2019 3:06 PM MST

Before your time; I was a kid:

The Millionaire
    DRAMA, ANTHOLOGY
    An anthology about the effects of sudden wealth---a million-dollar gift---on various lives. Each week, a multibillionaire (whose face was hidden) directed his secretary, Michael Anthony, to give a tax-free check of $1 million to a particular person, with the understanding that the recipient couldn't reveal to anyone (except a spouse) the source of the money or try to learn the identity of the benefactor. How or why the recipients were selected was never explained. This post was edited by tom jackson at December 11, 2019 10:42 PM MST
      December 11, 2019 10:41 PM MST

Yeah, cash only.
      December 11, 2019 5:08 PM MST

Small used bills. American.
      December 11, 2019 5:14 PM MST

Yep. No fifties or hundreds. 
      December 11, 2019 5:19 PM MST

That would be like winning Lotto.
    Typically people spend it within a couple of years and end up exactly where they began.
      December 11, 2019 6:45 PM MST

If I won I would pay my bills and give the rest to my children...with enough left over to visit you and Slarti.
      December 11, 2019 7:57 PM MST

I dream of winning too.
    Having avoided betting for most of my life, I recently decided I needed a little hope, even if it is as remote as the stars.
    So I set up an account. I automatically bet $12.50 per week on the same numbers in the same 12 games.
    If I hit lucky, they automatically inform me.

Ari and I only just manage to pay our bills - though it often means we're running short on other necessities for a week or two.
    We don't use or even have credit cards.

I'd invest enough to ensure a slightly more comfortable lifestyle, with extra aside to cover emergencies and medicals - the inevitable creep of old age.

I'd love to do an around the world trip in an ocean-going ketch - and then for sure I'd come to visit you, Element - and also, if they were willing, JA, Sharonna, Merlin, Whitehair, Adaydreambeliever, Nice Jugs, Kittigate, SavvyAnnesley, Randy D, and Vetrov.

I dream of winning big. Enough to make reparations to the Gundtjmara and Nungar-Wongi peoples whom my parents' ancestors did great harm to during the colonial era. I would buy back their lands and hand them over to them. I would set up scholarships to enable them to bridge the gaps in their ways of choosing. And I would help fund the campaign for permanent recognition of their rights in our Constitution and a permanent voice in our government - the right to have a legally binding say in any decisions that affect their well-being.
    Depending on how much was left over, the remainder would go to environmental initiatives - with the aim of investing in renewable infrastructure and projects which lower the carbon foot-print.
    Sometimes, in my fantasies, I can't decide which of these two goals should take priority.
    On the one hand, global warming is the most immanent and urgent crisis facing us all, and if we don't act we may all end up extinct.
    On the other hand, I owe an excruciating debt to the peoples my ancestors slaughtered, maimed, raped, imprisoned, enslaved and stole from.

Money could fix so many ills in the world - end yet there are so many ills to be fixed that probably no amount of money could ever be enough.

December 11, 2019 8:45 PM MST

$50k? That hardly buys a new car these days. 

December 11, 2019 8:21 PM MST

Ah, well. I'd forgotten about the $50K.
    50K would get us to America by ketch to visit Mugger friends - and pay for a caretaker to look after the horses, cat and land.
    Or fix our fences and get us an extra water pump and tank to help survive the drought.
    Or buy us an electric car.
    Or let us install a second-hand caravan for a tenant.

I was imagining winning Lotto. The amount is variable, but the top prize in Australia is in the many millions.
      December 11, 2019 9:03 PM MST

i know it sounds crazy but there's a country in the middle east that its around 50K to get your official citizenship. :-)
      December 12, 2019 2:13 PM MST