Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Fringe benefits are supposed to be exactly that: beneficial. What’s the worst one you’ve ever had at any job you’ve worked? ~

Fringe benefits are supposed to be exactly that: beneficial. What’s the worst one you’ve ever had at any job you’ve worked? ~

What one person might see as beneficiary might seem differently to others. 
  Additionally, something might seem positive at one point and later turn out to be negative. 

Posted - December 12, 2019

Responses

Never had fringe benefits of any kind.
    The work was the work, and that was that.
      December 12, 2019 12:04 AM MST

I once worked at a farm implement store that served bottles of beer to employees at the end of the day. I am anti-alcohol so I didn't fit in and wasn't around for long. 
      December 12, 2019 9:11 AM MST

Not really a fringe benefit but direct deposit can be a pain if your purse or wallet get lost/stolen. No access to cash and no ID to make a withdrawal. Or if you misfigure your account...you cannot prioritize what the bank pays. 

I also worked at a factory who offered a PPO that paid 90% in network. And the company would then pay the other 10% directly to the provider. Then deduct a % of your check.  This is good unless you somehow have a credit at the provider (never gets applied) or a dispute over the bill. 
      December 12, 2019 9:12 AM MST

Thanks, great examples. 

:)
      December 12, 2019 9:16 AM MST

I've never had a fringe benefit that was not beneficial.
      December 12, 2019 8:12 AM MST