Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Is it time to replace your microwave oven?

Is it time to replace your microwave oven?

~

Posted - December 12, 2019

Responses

No, we got it two years ago when we had the kitchen re-modeled.
      December 12, 2019 9:20 AM MST

Snazzy.  What colors? 
      December 13, 2019 1:16 AM MST

What I call 'institutional white'. Except the fridge, which is a brushed nickle.
      December 13, 2019 6:21 AM MST

Replace "Bossy Bob?"  Never!

He is a HUGE part of our lives.  He heats our Toddies morning, noon, and night.

We would be lost if Bob left our lives.  There is no replacement.
    I shudder at the mere thought.
      December 12, 2019 9:26 AM MST

She even names the microwave oven, folks!  Is this woman a treasure or isn’t she?

December 12, 2019 9:30 AM MST

I think she names her socks.
      December 12, 2019 9:40 AM MST

She’s She’d run out of Lefty and Righty on the first day. What about all the others?  Toey, Footie, Run-Bun, Ten-Toe Koozie, Five-Hive, Paint-Maintainer, Foot-Put, Polyester Blesser, Foot Pillow, Stinky, Phew, Gnarly, Piggie, Piglet, Peggie, Pegger, Biggie, Next-To-Biggie, Longie, Shorty, Curled, Toe-Towel, Toe-Tool, Toe-Blanket, Toe-Hoodie, Toe-Bikini, Atoll Bikini, Dainty Doozie, Walker-Stalker, Foot Suit, Feet Sheet, Ped-Bed, Leg-Keg, Skin-Scabbard, Legit Midget-Digit, Knuckled, Knuckler, Polished, Polish, Toe-Bro, Toe Truck, Toastie, Peeker, Popper, Peeler, Pinkie, Sand-Doll, Squeezed, Squozen, Boogie, Woogie, Wookie, Booker, Bookie, Ankle, Ankler, Knee-High, Tube, Ran-Ran, Donnie’s Fave, Beach Toes, City Toes, Sandal-Handle, Randall Sandal, Sandalwood ’Hood . . . 

~ This post was edited by Randy D at December 12, 2019 1:23 PM MST
      December 12, 2019 10:05 AM MST

There are no words.
    You have left me in awe and speechless.

You have risen above and beyond all sense of creativity and shown you care about your toes and socks.

Way beyond sandwiches, I will remember you when I go to match socks.

A matching pair of happy feet and an amazing feat to make sure they comfortable and respected.

If this were my question, I would AP+ it with a bonus of every unmatched sock in my house.
    Just so you know how many socks that is, it is enough to fill up the stockroom in Target.
    You are HUGE in my world.  
    I am star/sock struck!!
    ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 12, 2019 1:42 PM MST
      December 12, 2019 11:26 AM MST

Thank you, Dear, but these are your sock names, not mine. I don’t name my socks, I am not crazy. Now I’d if you will excuse me, I have a very busy afternoon and evening planned: 12:30 pm Tilde Vault inventory, 2:30 pm small breast/protruding nipple voyeur session, 4 pm write my article for Sandwich Lover magazine, 5 pm weekly cleaning of the Tilde Vault, 6 pm recount the tildes, 6:30 correct all the grammar errors on the internet, 12 midnight update my antique tilde museum display, 12:45 am prepare clothing for work tomorrow, 1:30 am cruise the back streets for stray women to turn them into sandwich-makers, 4 am  surf AnswerMug . . . 

~ This post was edited by Randy D at December 13, 2019 6:26 AM MST
      December 12, 2019 1:48 PM MST

I'd if
      December 13, 2019 6:23 AM MST

;) :)!!
      December 12, 2019 11:29 AM MST

I don't think she names her socks, but I'm certain that her towel has a name. Merlin is a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is.
      December 12, 2019 11:47 PM MST

Hoopy frood?
      December 13, 2019 6:24 AM MST

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A%20really%20hoopy%20frood

Merlin and I are both HHGTTG fans. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
      December 14, 2019 12:38 AM MST

I Dooo!  It's Trueee!
    And appropriately named, at that.  If you aren't there to pull your tody out within a minute, he scolds you.
    He gives these short little beep! beep! beep! beep's.  He gets very irritated, very quickly.
    One minute is your limit.
    After that, you are in trouble with Bossy Bob!
    He runs the kitchen, for sure! 
      December 12, 2019 9:48 AM MST

I do plan to replace soon....next year. We are changing out our white appliances that came with the house to black ones (not steeless stain black but traditional black finished) We got the dishwasher and stove. Have microwave and refrigerator to go.
      December 12, 2019 9:42 AM MST

I had to do that just last month.  So sad.  Sonny was a good microwave.  I still remember the first day I brought him home from the store.  His name was written all over the box he came in and on his training guide.   Sonny loved to eat.  I fed him nearly every day yet he never seemed to gain weight (which was a good thing as I sure didn't need a macrowave).  Sadly, Sonny went blind when he was only 4.  Even though he couldn't see what he was cooking (so dark inside there), he still did his job faithfully.  (sigh)

Anyway, I went to Best Buy to see about getting a replacement for Sonny.  Teh clerk suggested I get a Shar Pei.  At first I thought this sounded strange, but you know how fast technology changes these days.   I thanked him and bought myself a Shar Pei.   Um... are microwaves supposed to bark?
      December 12, 2019 11:51 AM MST

Now that’s creative writing!

~
      December 12, 2019 1:53 PM MST

My sincere condolences.  
    It sounds like Sonny gave taste to food that was once frozen with every wave he had.   Doing it without sight is probably why he didn't gain weight. Since he didn't see the food, he didn't feel like he ate at all.
    May Sonny R.I.P. as we wave goodbye. 

Congratulations on your new Shar Pei!  I wish many a fine meal for you to share.
      December 13, 2019 6:48 AM MST

No.  I don't like the one in the kitchen. It was bought a couple years ago when I renovated the house.   It's over the stove and I can't see whatever is cooking.  I have a small one upstairs that I use to reheat my coffee or food that I might be eating.  (I eat half my meals up there in the office) That little MW cost $35 like nine years ago and it just keeps going.  
      December 12, 2019 9:39 PM MST

Misuse of the word “like”, 15 demerits. 

:(
      December 12, 2019 10:09 PM MST

It is not misused.  It is used as a synonym for "approximately."  It is used as an interjection that expresses uncertainly. I am not certain that I bought it nine years ago, it could have been ten or eight.   It is informal and used in informal speech, which this is.  

Just because a word is overused, and this one certainly is, does not make it misused in all cases.  

December 13, 2019 5:51 PM MST

Arguing with the Judge, 20 demerits. 
    ~
      December 13, 2019 7:52 PM MST

Nope, it still works, doing what I need it to. Mostly defrosting stuff and reheating meals - I work late. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at December 14, 2019 12:44 AM MST
      December 12, 2019 11:48 PM MST