Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What was the most important battle/war ever fought in your opinion? Why?

What was the most important battle/war ever fought in your opinion? Why?

Posted - December 13, 2019

Responses

The war on plastic waste and man kinds never ending stupidity It's still going on daily and I don't think it will ever end ,There can be no winners ,only losers 
      December 13, 2019 6:24 AM MST

Apparently even some tea bags contain plastics. Plastics are killing sea life. Chemicals in fast food containers may leach out if the food is hot. Everywhere you turn something is out to get you. Thank you for your reply D! :)
      December 15, 2019 3:35 AM MST

Its funny that the most powerful nations have not banned single use plastic food and carrier bags given away free of sold. Yet Egypt a third world country has......they now use only bags that are biodegradable and can even be reused....They look good and are far stronger than the thin plastic one we get in England...
    Most sweat shirts are made from plastic as well as other oil based or synthetic clothing..none of which degrades to be harmless...
    We are all led by fools that live for today with thought or care for future generations Rosie.....
      December 15, 2019 5:04 AM MST

I guess the Plastics industry in amurica has big rich lobbies and so they "contribute" (bribe) pols to not take it up. Money talks loud and clear m'dear. No where louder than in amurica methinks. Thank you for your reply D. I'm gonna ask.
      December 15, 2019 5:30 AM MST

I don't think it's the industry that makes plastics ... as all the industries that use plastics.
    Coke, Pepsi, Darigold, etc ... they switched from glass bottles to plastics - then convinced consumers that the consumers were the ones responsible for all the plastic pollution.

Well, they are right to a degree.
    The consumers are the ones not recycling.
      December 16, 2019 7:14 AM MST

We recycle two ways Walt. In Hemet we get three barrels from the city. One for paper waste one for green waste and one for recycling plastics papers et al. That recycling is for what we buy that we can't return for money. We have a separate stash of three large bags for those we can recycle for money. Plastics, cans and glass. Since we pay the money upfront we are very diligent about reccyling those to get our money back. Right now I have 3 13-gallon bags full of plastic (we drink a lot of club soda) and one 13-gallon bag of small juice cans. We have a few bottles but not enough to get excited about. Jim is an occasional beer drinker and a six-pack in the summer is about his limit. We put those back in the 6-pack holder and just take that in. Some of the bottles are limited to certain states. Maine and Hawaii take everything it seems. Good for them. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      December 16, 2019 7:30 AM MST

Hmmmm ... I would say the "war" between organized religion and knowledge.
    A "war" that is still going on, today.  All around the world.  Including so-called "developed" nations.

Why?
    Because the only way organized religion keeps power, is for people not to question the leaders.
    And the more knowledge people have, the more they tend to question leaders.

December 13, 2019 7:04 AM MST

I think politics is infested with the worst of the worst of the very worst Walt. Religion is a very close second. Knowledge is dispensible. Right and wrong is flexible. Nothing matters except WINNING.  I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 15, 2019 3:18 AM MST