Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How to upload old photos from PC Windows 10 to my Instagram account in Android Samsung. Could a mugger help me?

How to upload old photos from PC Windows 10 to my Instagram account in Android Samsung. Could a mugger help me?

I have interesting nature photos from our RV travels in my computer, and I was able once to transfer some from the computer into the Instagram account in my Windows 10 - and they appeared neatly in my Instagram account in my Samsung smartphone. Don't ask me how I did it. I might have had a drink or two to get smart or it has been pure luck. Anyway - I CAN NOT REMEmBER!!!! People admire me for being so technical inclined as a greatgrandma, but I fall short of that miserably. I looked up YouTube, but the way they explain everything is just too much for me to grasp that fast.  Maybe I can get a simple step by step direction how to do that? I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!     https://www.instagram.com/kbartsch1935/ PC Instagram runs on Google and so does it in the Android, where I have Google as the default browser. I do not want to have to sign in with Microsoft and have everything connected with facebook. 

Posted - December 15, 2019

Responses

Hi Sweet Whitehair~
    Any and everyone who knows me will probably say, "Quick!  Grab your phone and computer and run for your life!!"  Taking in a big breath and continuing with, "Merlin knows NOTHING about computers or accounts!  Run Whitehair! Run!!"

With a pocket full of giggles, they would be right!  I don't know much about computers or phones or how to transfer from account to account, the "correct" and newly-found way.

But... For You, I'm willing to give it a shot!

Are you feeling Lucky? ;)

Noooo. This is the best I've got. :) It is kind of an old-fashioned way.  You could download the pictures onto a physical flash drive.  Are you familiar with those handy-dandy little things?  You can get them at Walmart cheaper than Best Buy.  
    Anyway, once you have them there, you can simply upload them onto any account you would like. 
    Your pictures will simply be a new folder.   I'm assuming your instagram account will accept that form of data.

Good Luck!! 
    :) :)
      December 15, 2019 7:42 PM MST

P.S.  Beautiful sweater! 
      December 15, 2019 7:42 PM MST

• Thank you, it survived from the time I knitted like crazy. The other thing I will tackle an other day. I am ready for bed now. Thank you so much, Merlin.
      December 15, 2019 8:13 PM MST

• Hi, Merlin, I am happy to report that I did it again on my own. In the PC had to copy the pictures from the Microsoft folder into the Google Drive first, then they appeared in Google photos. My Android is programmed to run with Google, from there I could post those in Android Instagram. The PC is Windows 10 ( Microsoft), and we all know the secret war in between those Two. My old brain needs a couple of days to retrieve the "how to" from some deeper drawers in my head. This time I made a note about it. Once in a while I have to have that being proud feeling, maybe it is part of being Scorpio.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 18, 2019 7:19 AM MST
      December 17, 2019 8:40 PM MST