Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think it is your citizenly DUTY to vote. To follow the laws of the land. To pay attention to an impeachment which is a rare thing. Do you?

I think it is your citizenly DUTY to vote. To follow the laws of the land. To pay attention to an impeachment which is a rare thing. Do you?

Do you fulfill your obligations or do you work hard to sluff them off? Why?

Posted - December 18, 2019

Responses

I think everyone who is a citizen and legally allowed to vote should vote....IF they educate themselves about the issues and candidates. 
    Yes, follow the laws and enforce laws. 
    This impeachment is a partisan sham. I have paid attention and know that. 

December 18, 2019 9:36 AM MST

Good answer. Educating one's self is key to find out what's going on.
      December 18, 2019 10:05 AM MST

It is my right and privilege to vote but it's not actually my duty to do so. Though I do vote, if I choose not to I won't because frankly, I don't owe my vote to any elected officials or candidates running for office. As a Christian, my duty to God comes first and foremost. I am commanded to pray for those in power and to be subject to the laws of the land but nowhere does scripture say that I have to vote. I don't and won't vote just for the sake of saying I voted. I am not content with voting for someone I don't trust because of their questionable background and values, etc. 

Impeachment? The impeachment hearings are a joke but one can't help but pay attention to them because we are being force-fed the whole circus by the media. Anyone who understands the process knows that President Trump won't be thrown out of office, especially not in the Republican-controlled Senate where the impeachment trial would have to take place. What we are witnessing in Washington right now (impeachment hearings) is a disgrace and the damage it's doing to this country is unprincipled, unjust and very troubling.
      December 18, 2019 9:49 AM MST

Media ignoring bills being passed too. House just passed. Farm worker Amnesty. (Slavery bill)
    I did not see any coverage. Not MS, CNN, FOX etc. I got am email asking to me contact my representative. I am getting ready to contact Sen. as well. 
      December 18, 2019 9:54 AM MST

Yup, I agree. I also have been contacting my Senate and Congress. I'm happy to see that more and more people are beginning to recognize the shenanigans going on in the political world and the media. :)
      December 18, 2019 10:02 AM MST

Well, there are reasons why people do things and listening to a bunch of negative jerks argue back and forth is too much for most.

Most people are going to stick around for the end of the trial. Not now.  This is boring and not worth the ratings to them.  

This is why the impeachment is going to go nowhere.  No one even gets it anymore.  
      December 18, 2019 4:52 PM MST

I just got home. I could not believe they are still talking....they should shut up and vote already.
      December 18, 2019 5:17 PM MST

I tried my best to hang in yesterday Sharon. Honest injun I did. But I had to keep muting the TV because I cannot take any more of those lies and accusations and false information constantly regurgitated and barfed up by the deadheaders. I'm up to here with all of that. So I just turned it off! I chickened out. I'm an old lady and I just don't have the right stuff to hang in with all the crap and sh** and fakery dished out by the deadheaders. So I bailed. Big talker. Small doer. That's me. Thank you for your reply. I do the first two. But the third? Hanging on to every word uttered by every lying bas**rd deadhead. I can't. Happy Thursday! :)
      December 19, 2019 1:07 AM MST

In England last week there were only buffoons and halfwitthed people to vote for....one fat blonde pig and one that looks like he has fleas 
      December 18, 2019 6:43 PM MST

Wow D! You sure do have a way with words. I now "see" that in my head and it ain't a pretty sight. How sad this is. Worldwide we have only scum running for political office. Was it always like this only now we are noticing it? I dunno. Thank you for your reply sweetie. That is quite possibly one of the best single-sentence replies I've ever received in all these years on a social site. Sigh. Happy Thursday to thee D! :)
      December 19, 2019 1:10 AM MST

The fleabag had the lowest count of labour votes ever recorded.....He was and is one useless parasitic communist arsehole .......There is no other words to discribe such a power hungry self centred twat that's suitable Rosie....
    The cod news today is that trainee nurses are to get 5 grand a year pay rises...parking free in hospitals and much much more...
      December 19, 2019 3:00 AM MST

Oh my gawd D. May I borrow that sometime? "...useless parasitic communist arsehole"? It is splendid. As for the trainee nurses GOOD FOR THEM! You mean they didn't get free parking before? Thank you for sharing that good news. A spot of it anywhere in the world these days is much appreciated! :) ((hugs))
      December 19, 2019 4:34 AM MST