Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Life is about being negative and mean because those are the ones who succeeds

Life is about being negative and mean because those are the ones who succeeds

Posted - December 25, 2019

Responses

Humans are a species adapted to living in small tribes of 150 people or so (or even less) in relatively small areas.

Through historical accident, humans have become a species living in a 8-billion person globe-spanning "village," and they had to make that transition in the blink of an eye (on evolutionary biology time scales).

The fact that humans have made that work (at least for the time being) is arguably something of a minor miracle. This post was edited by SaltyPebble at September 20, 2022 6:43 PM MDT
      December 25, 2019 9:30 AM MST

God shed his grace on thee.  That to the victors. 
      December 25, 2019 10:25 AM MST

• Love the quote.  There is much truth in its message.  I disagree with the overall post.  There are good people who manage to rise to the top.  I will concede however that their numbers are often fewer.
      December 25, 2019 10:33 AM MST

I think people who know how to spell and use the language are even more successful.  
      December 25, 2019 10:41 AM MST

So, how do you explain Trump? (Oh...yeah, never mind)*

* = By most rational standards, Trump isn't particularly successful, given the advantages he has had in life.
      December 25, 2019 11:46 AM MST

The people who helped him get there?  Those are the real morons.  Trump pales in comparison.   Trump's base, Trump's Administratin and Trump's FRIENDS who are our ENEMIES is guaranteeing his success.  

1.  Puppet of dictators
    2.  Enemy of the  US Intelligence Operatives 
    3.  Backs an ignorant OLD TIMEY religion that he is totally ignorant of, to get elected
    4.  Will say absolutely anything and never realize that he has just contradicted himself
    5.  Petulant child 

It sounds like I am describing some insane dictator like HITLER. I am describing TRUMP who makes Hitler look normal  At least Hitler knew how to read a book..  Imagine TRUMP actually reading Mien Kampf.  SURE.  He can't even read Dick and Jane.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 25, 2019 11:59 AM MST
      December 25, 2019 11:55 AM MST

If this is true, it is an astonishing failure by the Dems that they did not broadcast this throughout the nation before the last elections.

Can you give me the exact edition of Time Magazine, Sharonna?

I tried to call it up on the Net and found several references that linked Trump to Hitlers's ideas,
    including a claim that he kept Mein Kampf on his bedside table.
    But I could not find the interview from which your post was taken.

This post was edited by inky at December 25, 2019 7:15 PM MST
      December 25, 2019 7:13 PM MST

While I don't have many specific memories of the 2016 Presidential campaign, I suspect the Democratic Party probably did publicize this information along with many other unflattering things about candidate Trump.

But they were trying to appeal to an audience which includes many people like this woman.

December 25, 2019 7:39 PM MST

This is no different to the far left, here's George Bernard Shaw who started the Fabian Society based on Marxism, he was a fan of Hitler but a bigger fan of Stalin :-

This post was edited by kjames at December 26, 2019 1:30 PM MST
      December 26, 2019 1:03 PM MST

Not so.
    Those who are negative and mean are far more likely to fail in most things they do.
      December 25, 2019 7:06 PM MST

Not true. 

True. 

Hope you are well! 
      August 28, 2022 8:49 PM MDT

Hey its been a long time
      September 20, 2022 6:45 PM MDT

I know! Hope you've been well and are still working hard for your goals! 
      September 21, 2022 6:27 PM MDT