Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Are you recovering from your annual hangover?

Are you recovering from your annual hangover?

Posted - January 1, 2020

Responses

nope
    never had one of those
    I guess it's a bad scene
    for some...
      January 1, 2020 7:19 AM MST

I don't drink, smoke or chew or hang with those who do.  

This post was edited by . at January 1, 2020 11:57 AM MST
      January 1, 2020 7:39 AM MST

I've only had a couple of those in my entire life and they were long, long ago.  Somewhere in my 30s, I came to realize that the criteria for having had a good time was not how much your head hurt the next day.  These days, I barely drink wine.  I don't think I've consumed more than two bottles in the past year.  Happy New Year, MP.
      January 1, 2020 8:33 AM MST

I don’t do that to myself anymore.

I do famously enjoy my rum, and/or ROLLING ROCK, but not to excess. Gotta know our limitations. 
      January 1, 2020 9:03 AM MST

Yes!  My neck is so sore from hanging over the side of the bed last night.  My cat nearly pushed me out of bed trying to snuggle up.  I really hate these kinds of "hangovers".
      January 1, 2020 9:49 AM MST

I had one of the most straight raw New Year's Evening at work. I did not enjoy. 

Then I got a pizza from a favorite local shop, and while waiting for them to bake the pizza, I took a walk around the neighborhood in the dark cold icy drippy evening.

It was a nice way to get back in tune with myself.
    :)

no hangover

(Did I just say I had a straight evening? Maybe I am hungover)
      January 1, 2020 11:04 AM MST

I don't get hungover on beer. I didn't mix drinks on NYE, I was too busy trying to calm a terrified Staffy (fireworks spook her). I had a few Pilsners. No huhu.

The last hangover I had was the day following my 50th bday bash. I had to find where my head had rolled to and put my eyeballs back in, they were bleeding. Tequila and I have never been friends.
      January 2, 2020 12:08 AM MST