Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » My2cents has just given me my first warning. What the fack is the matter with people like this?

My2cents has just given me my first warning. What the fack is the matter with people like this?

Posted - January 1, 2020

Responses

• Don't go there!  LOL!
    She has powers far beyond those of mere mortals.
      January 1, 2020 9:38 PM MST

IKR, what took her so long? 
      January 1, 2020 9:46 PM MST

Comment.  Of.  The.  Year!

January 1, 2020 9:55 PM MST

Agreed
    lol
      January 1, 2020 10:07 PM MST

Sorry. I had to charge my phone. Lucky my daughter called or I may not have seen them until morning. 
      January 2, 2020 7:16 AM MST

This is exciting!
    It's like New Year's Eve all over again

January 1, 2020 10:11 PM MST

•   January 1, 2020 10:14 PM MST

TBD
      January 1, 2020 10:21 PM MST

Adult questions belong in the Adult Groups section, not on this main page.

Some very mildly adult stuff, with jokey style and indirect innuendo or metaphor gets by OK if the tone is flirtatious and not provocative.

Most likely you unintentionally wrote something that offended against the TOS (Terms of Service,) the rules that are a pre-condition for participation here. 
    To double-check you can go to Home: FAQ + help: What are the Rules on AnsweMug?
    and then within the text click on the words "Terms of Service Page."

On the "What are the Rules on AnsweMug?" page, if you scroll down it explains the protocols for warnings, etc.

There's a chance that My2cents happened to come across something you wrote,
    As a MOD she would have discussed it with the team and come to a consensus before notifying you with a warning.

But there's also a chance that some other Mugger was seriously bothered by something you said. On the lowest line beneath each post, there's are options to respond to the post. One of those options is "flag." That's used when a Mugger wants to complain to the admin that something is inappropriate or offensive. People have different values - not everyone might agree. For that reason, the MOD team is composed of people with different views, some liberal and some conservative, 50-50. If they can't agree, JA as the last word. It's her site soe she has the right, but in my view, she is scrupulously fair. She is extremely experienced with social sites, knows exactly how and why Experience Project fell apart. Her goal is to ensure that the seeds of self-destruction never get a chance to be sown here. It may make the site a bit too tame for some people's tastes, but if so, they don't belong here.

The truth is, it's possible to say almost anything and everything in a civilised and polite way without causing offence to others.
    Some topics are forbidden on this mainboard because there could be minors here. That still leaves an infinite number of other topics.

This post was edited by inky at January 2, 2020 7:41 AM MST
      January 2, 2020 1:02 AM MST

I doubt it was completely unintentional on his part. One man’s opinion. 

—-
      January 2, 2020 5:29 AM MST

He posted one of your very questions that you posted in Adultmug. Correct?
      January 2, 2020 7:41 AM MST

Which one?  The guy stole one of my Qs?  Plagiarism!  I wonder if he stole anyone else’s?  Grrrrrrrrrr. 

January 2, 2020 8:20 AM MST

You wake up tomorrow morning and find me naked and in bed with you. What would be your first thought?
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/97457/you-wake-up-tomorrow-morning-and-find-me-naked-and-in-bed-with-y/view/post_id/734331

Didn't you post this same question or one just like it?

January 2, 2020 8:53 AM MST

Who was the man,? Do I know him :) 
      January 2, 2020 3:55 PM MST

He was using the screen name genxxx. 

https://answermug.com/profile/3896
      January 6, 2020 5:40 AM MST

I reported one of his questions as inappropriate.
      January 2, 2020 7:16 AM MST

I have no idea what you wrote or when, as I pop in and out of this site, ( I am supposed to be working on a final essay!) but I do have some sympathy, in that, in the past, I have been rapped on the knuckles when I didn't think it was fair. 

I think for me, it's perhaps a slight cultural change, where I come from, it wouldn't be bad, but here on this site, it is deemed so.. I always make sure I remain polite and articulate.. but, there have been times when others felt differently.. I don't agree but at the end of the day, if we choose to remain here, then quite honestly.. they can make whatever rules they like and we DO have to endeavour to remain within those boundaries.. 

So, as I say.. I have sympathy, it doesn't feel nice when you believe you haven't done anything wrong.. but, them's the breaks..

Ahh.... actually, scratch that.. I DO know how it feels to be wrongly accused.. but, looking at some of your posts.... it seems there's perhaps some fairly obvious reasons why they might have warned you?

PS we aren't allowed to use people's names or, anything that might identify them in questions :P This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at January 2, 2020 7:42 AM MST
      January 2, 2020 2:54 AM MST

Read some of his questions.
      January 2, 2020 7:18 AM MST

Yes, ahem, I did ... I always give people the benefit of doubt .. but then I did read.. and put a proviso into the above.. you are correct.
      January 2, 2020 2:44 PM MST

Evidently you are getting the attention you so crave. Henceforth, however, I will only comment with my friends here.
      January 2, 2020 7:21 AM MST

You need to find another site.  You are already gone.

Here have a song.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 10, 2020 2:50 PM MST
      January 2, 2020 7:45 AM MST

It's a bit of a culture shock compared to certain other sites where anything goes, I'm sure. But, we are a small privately-owned and operated site run entirely by volunteers and have different policies. We make every attempt to grab people before they come on and give them a head's up about the policy differences, but not everyone reads the screens. 

The general areas are all PG-13. We have a "hidden" adult subnetwork with groups like adultMug for content with more mature themes. If you need help unlocking it or finding it, send me an email and I'll get you squared away. (It's not the most intuitive process, I know.) 

The purpose of the first message from a moderator is always just to let the person know we removed something and why, so they can avoid having further removals. Most folks do just fine once they understand the policies. There is a chain after that which involves breaks from the site and ultimately removal, all outlined in the FAQ section, but it rarely comes to that. We aren't high-tech, so you do have to learn where mature content can be posted and make sure you're only posting it in those places. There's a learning curve, and we get that, which is why you get a courtesy notice to help you learn and adapt.

Right now, our moderation team consists of two; M2C, a member who has been incredibly awesome and has been volunteering her personal time for years, and me, the site owner. You're always welcomed to shoot me a message if you feel something has been removed unfairly (as in not in accordance with our policies), but we both review all removals the other has made as is. 
      January 2, 2020 11:54 PM MST

If my2cents gave you a warning and removed something you wrote she had a good reason to do both. She is an excellent moderator. :)
      January 6, 2020 4:01 AM MST

• Every place has their rules.  They're for everyone's benefit.   Seems to be a very enjoyable site ... I say bravo to them for making it available for us to use.
      January 10, 2020 2:49 PM MST