Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Have you ever worked in an office 'cubicle'?

Have you ever worked in an office 'cubicle'?

Posted - January 3, 2020

Responses

Just for the last 37 years of my career.
      January 3, 2020 12:31 PM MST

I can't imagine that. I would have gone insane in about a year. How would I flirt with the women if I couldn't see them?
      January 3, 2020 2:06 PM MST

I could see and talk to the women better in my cubicle than I could from my private office.
      January 3, 2020 3:56 PM MST

Somehow, we managed.
      January 3, 2020 9:56 PM MST

Almost.
    The staff rooms at Willoughby and Balmain High Schools were open-plan
    but the tables, files and computers divided it into cubicle-like spaces - no cubicle dividers. 
      January 3, 2020 4:12 PM MST

• Not a cubicle, but I have an office! It's very small and I share it, but when I'm there I have it to myself. 
      January 3, 2020 5:45 PM MST

Yes.  For years.  Many different ones. I sold stuff.  I sold AT&T and small business opps and booked time share for resorts.  I was keeping alive in a cubicle and to save my sanity, I started to collage the whole cubicle when I was on the phone.  Almost every place I worked I had a huge collage and it was taped to the desk.  Sometimes glued.  And they put up with it because I sold a lot.  

Thanks for the memories.

This has nothing to do with collages, but I like to paint fish.  
    'Koi Pond' Painting on Canvas This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 4, 2020 8:39 AM MST
      January 3, 2020 5:50 PM MST

Nice painting.
      January 4, 2020 8:37 AM MST

Yes, but we had 8' cubicle walls.  Eventually I moved into a regular office....with a door...hallelujah!.  And a window on the lake side with lots of geese.  And then the executive staff was moved to a space that had before been a supply closet.  I'm not kidding.  It was remodeled to be beautiful but we all hated it.  The president wanted the staff within only a few step of his office.  We didn't want to move over to the executive suite but we had no choice.  A few years later we found out we were being moved downtown to the headquarters building on the 28th floor.  I knew there was no way for me to be up there.   Our offices were to be on the perimeter of the floor .... all window offices.  I called HR the next day and told them to send me a retirement packet.  I was gone in three weeks.  As it turned out, that office move never happened.  I retired at 51 and never looked back.  
      January 3, 2020 9:32 PM MST

• Yes, I have in the past. Now I have a corner office with a window. It’s still like a cage but at least I have a view now. 
      January 4, 2020 8:41 AM MST