Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Military » Why can’t the media just shut the hell up with PRECISE DETAILS about US military units going overseas in response to threats?

Why can’t the media just shut the hell up with PRECISE DETAILS about US military units going overseas in response to threats?

Don't they realize that reporting which units, types of units, numbers of troops, deployment dates, arrival dates, etc., etc., etc. is the exact operational information that an enemy needs in order to plan its combat operations?  Don’t they even care that they’re assisting anyone waiting to kill, maim, capture and torture our people?  GRRRRRRRR. 

Posted - January 4, 2020

Responses

• OH CUT THE BS!!

Everytime US troops are deployed overseas the Pentagon and the President are required to report it to Congress. 

And how long has this been going on?? Here's a hint :

Real democracies don't fight secret wars. Its not a video game boys. And you don't get to the next level by covering your sh1t up.
      January 4, 2020 3:50 PM MST

I’m not talking about secret wars. Nowhere on here have I stated anything even near that concept. If you want to dispute what I’ve written, it might be a good idea to read it first. I’m talking about precise, detailed, exact information about military unit operations in foreign territory. Information that an enemy combatant can use to plan and prepare for killing, wounding, capturing and holding our people. If that’s not important to you, fine. I happen to see it differently, and I have said absolutely nothing about withholding the overall information or running a secret war. 
      January 4, 2020 6:24 PM MST

• Exactly where in your fine print am I going to read that the details you keep moaning about are being released by the Department of Defense in response to Congressional directives?  

Stop dancing around your own words. Secret wars begin with facts hidden from legislative oversight and public debate.
      January 5, 2020 1:34 PM MST

I agree. It should be illegal. 
      January 4, 2020 7:13 PM MST