Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Since, according to TOS, discussing anything illegal here that is illegal in Arizona is verboten,

Since, according to TOS, discussing anything illegal here that is illegal in Arizona is verboten,

why do we get to talk about marijuana here? And post pics, of course.

Posted - January 6, 2020

Responses

Why not? 
    You have something on your mind, Ele?
    CBD is sold all over the US and it is legal as far as I know. This post was edited by Jon at January 7, 2020 10:23 AM MST
      January 6, 2020 8:00 PM MST

• I have specifically discussed this issue in private with JA because I too was concerned about TOS violations and she has no problem with us discussing marijuana.  Recreational use.  Medical use.  And the sale of said item in legal ways.  Also the posting of pictures related to it.  We are allowed to have fun lighthearted discussions regarding marijuana as well as serious conversations.  Any subject such as this should be approached with a modicum amount of caution and common sense though.  Encouraging certain behaviors in regards to minors would be beyond acceptable boundaries.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 7, 2020 10:23 AM MST
      January 6, 2020 8:18 PM MST

Indeed. Thank you for posting this. There have been many posts and discussions on here regarding marijuana.

If the OP had taken the time to do research, there is even a discussion group called "I support the legalization of marijuana"
    https://answermug.com/group/i-support-the-legalization-of-marijuana

and a myriad of posts and comments pertaining to marijuana. Here is a Mug search to prove that statement:
    https://answermug.com/forums/search/page/10?search=marijuana&forum_id=0&save=

People here discuss growing cannabis, smoking it, wearing it, eating it...

So the question to be asked here is... "Where is the beef?" and "Who is the beef really with?"

tricky tricky but not too transparent. LOL

This post was edited by Jon at January 7, 2020 10:24 AM MST
      January 6, 2020 9:29 PM MST

Because I said so, that's why. :p Would you quit asking questions that make my life hard?!? Sheesh. Go smoke a bowl or something. ;) 

In all seriousness, by the time we even started making policies, recreational marijuana was being legalized all over the place and medical was either legal here or was nearly legal. 

Arizona allows medicinal when you pay to see a doctor and pay for a card. It's not like I can go from person to person and say, "Excuse me, you just talked about using weed. Do you have a card?" lol 

I personally put it on par with alcohol when it relates to recreational use. Medicinal I consider like any medication. Like Twinkle said, there are some limitations. Like, I wouldn't be cool with people promoting underage use. I wouldn't be cool with people taking about illegal cultivation, trafficking, and similar. Common sense things, I think. 

January 6, 2020 10:10 PM MST

Actually, the question was half in jest. Some good answers, though. Gotta match?
      January 7, 2020 7:06 AM MST

I'm curious, what was the other 50%? 
      January 7, 2020 8:45 AM MST

• I always avoid talking about Arizona in public. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 13, 2020 1:55 PM MST
      January 10, 2020 8:01 AM MST