Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Excluding suing for divorce which at least 50% of us have done, have you ever sued anyone for anything at anytime? What and why?

Excluding suing for divorce which at least 50% of us have done, have you ever sued anyone for anything at anytime? What and why?

Posted - January 8, 2020

Responses

I'm in the middle of one, now.

I attempted to sell my house, under "owner carry" terms.
    The "buyer" stopped paying.
    I filed suit to get her evicted ... and was successful.
    Then I filed suit to foreclose ... and ONE DAY before it finalized, she filed bankruptcy (which puts everything on hold).
    Then she broke back in, and resumed residence.
    My lawyer is trying to get the stay lifted, at which point the foreclosure resumes where it left off.
    Then we'll have to file suit to get her evicted, again.

January 8, 2020 1:59 PM MST

... and I did get divorced, after 10 years of marriage.
    But we were still friends, and it was amicable.  We split everything ourselves, and just used a lawyer to draw up the papers.
      January 8, 2020 2:26 PM MST

I don't understand why all divorces aren't civil and amicable. I mean you loved each other once upon a time. Thank you for that info too. I've been there done that and there was never hate or cruel or mean or ugly involved.
      January 9, 2020 2:10 AM MST

What a gawdawful mess Walt. Condolences that you got involved with a crackpot wackadoodle gooney bird. Fingers crossed you win this one. Too bad we don't have what we are STAMPED on our foreheads. You know.."GOOD EGG"  "BAD EGG". Keep the faith m'dear. She needs to be locked up somewhere. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      January 9, 2020 2:09 AM MST