Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump will go down as most corrupt, authoritarian, and incompetent president in US history. Did I miss anything on this list?

Trump will go down as most corrupt, authoritarian, and incompetent president in US history. Did I miss anything on this list?

• 2 Rape Claims
  • Innumerable sexual assault and/or harassment accusations
  • Charity Fraud
  • Trump University fraud
  • Tax cuts for the rich increased deficit and debt
  • Hush money payments
  • Extorted a foreign leader
  • Bigotry
  • Birtherism
  • Discontinues daily news conferenced by press secretary 
  • The longest government shutdown in US history
  • Endorsed Roy Moore
  • Appointed Brett Kavanaugh
  • Insulted war hero, gold star parent, disabled person
  • Separated migrant families
  • Called white supremacists and neo-nazis "fine people"
  • Abandoned Kurds
  • Pulled out of Paris Accords
  • Bullies a 16-year-old girl when she on Time Person Of The Year
  • The first president since LBJ to not release taxes
  • Unprecedented attacks on media and 1st amendment
  • Revealed whistleblower
  • Violated emoluments clause
  • Eliminated FDA regulations
  • Obstructed Russia probe
  • Reversed demotion of a war criminal
  • IMPEACHED

Posted - January 10, 2020

Responses

-Whines aloud when not handed the Nobel Peace Prize he doesn’t deserve, ...every year, so far.
    (They don’t give that prize to haters who revel in divisiveness)

-He Lies; without bounds or inhibition, every single day, about virtually everything.
    Far and away the most intentionally dishonest POTUS ever. 

-Alienated European allies, who now mock him. Was openly laughed at during UN speech.

-Got clowned repeatedly by Kim Jong Un.

-Trade war with China has cost US consumers over $350B. No deal imminent.

Failed on vow to replace Obamacare. No plan in sight.

-Record turnover within his Administration, and inner circle. Numerous former cronies and appointees currently in legal peril, or already imprisoned. No adults left in the room.  

-Played more rounds of golf in any single year of his Presidency than he criticized Obama for during 8 years in office. This despite vowing he would “be too busy working” to play any golf. 

-Has demonstrated neither a coherent grasp of, nor the faintest respect for public decency, professional ethics, human empathy, science, the Rule of Law, the Office of the President, or the US Constitution.

That should about cover it.  

This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 11, 2020 8:30 AM MST
      January 10, 2020 3:39 PM MST

Perfect, Don. Thanks
    I'll add those to the list
      January 10, 2020 5:16 PM MST

It is my last point, above any other, that disqualifies Trump from my support.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 11, 2020 7:42 AM MST
      January 11, 2020 7:22 AM MST

Absolutely. I sure did not expect this list to transmogrify into a book. lol 
      January 11, 2020 11:13 AM MST

Don, very nice.  But I'll bet if I go on the news right NOW I will find something else that he just did that we did not even mention yet.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 11, 2020 10:02 AM MST
      January 11, 2020 8:32 AM MST

Its a matter of time, isn’t it? 
      January 11, 2020 10:02 AM MST

(Its It’s)
      January 11, 2020 11:02 AM MST

Visually and auditorily repulsive.

I know it's inconsequential, but it's true. 
      January 10, 2020 5:17 PM MST

Not inconsequential. Nixon was defeated by JFK while being even less so. 
      January 10, 2020 5:25 PM MST

January 10, 2020 5:45 PM MST

On the corruption score, I've read it's hard to top the Warren Harding administration, so that might be a tossup

Authoritarian, in the sense that Trump is pathologically narcissistic and so sees himself as the sole legitimate holder of political power, is probably accurate. It's tough to find anyone so utterly incapable of building coalitions or seeing any competing power centers as legitimate. But that might also be a product of our highly polarized times.

Incompetence is in the eye of the beholder, but I agree the view of history will not be kind. I think it's quite fair to say Trump is stunningly lacking the skills and temperament we normally associate with high office. But, if you view Trump's administration as just a continuation of his reality show career, then maybe he's accomplishing what he is setting out to do (mostly aggrandize and enrich himself).
      January 10, 2020 6:39 PM MST

You forgot that he pulled out of the Iran nuclear treaty, which is what has set off this entire kerfuffle with Iran ending in the downing of a jetliner killing everyone on board.  If Iran hadn't been so on edge not knowing what Trump might do what with all the bluster and killing the general, they most likely would not have sent those two missiles into the plane.  
      January 10, 2020 6:56 PM MST

If the Russians hadn’t supplied Iran with the missiles, the backward Iranians would have been left to throw rocks. Or curses. 
      January 11, 2020 6:18 AM MST

Indeed, but we have no control over Russia and to which countries they supply arms.  Interesting that today, Iran was forced to admit that they shot down that plane.  
      January 11, 2020 11:35 AM MST

• Sounds pretty accurate.  

The only thing I miss about it is how anyone can keep turning a blind eye to this stuff.  I don't get it.  
    What do these supporters tell their children when they see that someone in a position of high authority can get away with all of it???
      January 11, 2020 6:51 AM MST

One of Trump's  local enablers here on the Mug has clearly stated that her support is all about "Policy."

It is clear that they are misgided and their vocal approval is misguided. Ignoring all of these verifiable points made is shameful. Even more so when they willingly ignore the teachings of Christianity to embrace a man who has publicly stated that he is "flawless", does not require forgiveness, and who morally bankrupt. This post was edited by Jon at January 16, 2020 10:05 PM MST
      January 11, 2020 8:52 AM MST

Oh please, Rosie.  This is just the tip of the Trumpberg.

He creates different atrocities daily, sometimes even minute-by-minute.

You did pretty good covering the major offenses.  I would like to take a moment to forecast what he will do next.

He is going to cause WORLD WAR III.

I'm done.  
      January 11, 2020 8:29 AM MST

I am not Rosie, Sharona.

January 11, 2020 8:45 AM MST

Rosie didn’t post this. 
    ~
      January 11, 2020 11:04 AM MST

This post was edited by Jon at January 16, 2020 10:06 PM MST
      January 11, 2020 11:16 AM MST

LSHIWTD!!!

(laughed so hard I woke the dog)

January 16, 2020 10:09 PM MST

he has told more impeachable lies that congress has just ignored than any other person alive that has a job where impeachment is allowed.  
      January 11, 2020 8:39 AM MST

What is this large font nonsense?

All of those points have been covered This post was edited by Jon at January 11, 2020 11:17 AM MST
      January 11, 2020 8:46 AM MST