Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » The most recent situation wherein your appetite was ruined, what caused it, and what did you do instead of eating?

The most recent situation wherein your appetite was ruined, what caused it, and what did you do instead of eating?

(Example)

~

Posted - January 11, 2020

Responses

• We went out for breakfast yesterday.  I ordered my eggs over medium.  They came so "easy" that the whites were still clear!!  YECH!  (I know I have the world's biggest problems!  :)
      January 11, 2020 6:58 AM MST

I work in the waste industry.... some of the stuff that comes through puts me off my food for a few mins...
      January 11, 2020 7:58 AM MST

Sex.
    It is the cure for any ailment.
    To be put more mildly,
    making love is the cure for any ailment.

It has always worked for me and benefits Don, too.
    :) :)

January 11, 2020 10:47 AM MST

Wait, what . . . making love ruined your appetite for food?

:|
      January 11, 2020 2:49 PM MST

Noooo! Nooo!  No!
    That was my cure for my stomach ailment NOT what made me lose my appetite, silly.
    Did I read the question incorrectly?  I must go back up and take a look at it, again.
      January 11, 2020 10:11 PM MST

(Sigh.)
    ___
      January 11, 2020 11:16 PM MST

Don't worry Randy D.  You're just not old enough yet to experience to true glory after menopause and the poor men who, after waiting patiently through the "Men""o""pause" are more than willing to share, once again, that magical feeling.

You'll get there someday, I'm sure and as fun and driven as you are, your wife will be happy! happy!
      January 12, 2020 3:14 PM MST

What makes you think that I don’t know how to share, or that only people of certain ages know what to do in intimate situations?

:|
      January 12, 2020 7:00 PM MST

That is why old people get sick and die? No sex.
      January 11, 2020 11:22 PM MST

In both our opinions, I'm sure it is one of the added conditions.
    Being desired, desiring another and being able to bring happiness to both is a euphoric phenomenon that doesn't go away with age.

In many of my reliable and simplest of potions,
    the cure for most anything is sex and the oceans.
    ;) :).

January 12, 2020 3:10 PM MST

• OMG!  Funny you should bring this up.  There's some guy I encounter online who is obviously of very little quality.  He keeps talking of eating sandwiches sans mayo.  UGH!  Just thinking of it makes me wanna gag.  Imagine trying to dry heave a sandwich into your gullet without the smooth and creamy assistance of slippery mayo.  Some people should be moderated for suggesting such.

I was so repulsed by the notion on more than one occasion that I just had to put food out of my mind all together and instead spend some time occupying myself in other enjoyable ways.  Thankfully Hellman's is always there for me.

January 11, 2020 2:59 PM MST

(wanna want to)
      (dry heave dry-heave)
      (all together altogether)
      (Comma after the word “Thankfully”.)

It’s simple: instead of mayo, salad dressing such as Miracle Whip, or mustard, or honey mustard. So you can drop the drama, lol.

~
      January 11, 2020 11:24 PM MST

• Come on now.  You know we gays live for our drama.
      January 12, 2020 4:29 AM MST

• I will rightfully concede the word altogether and the dry-heave hyphen but I ain't bendin' on the use of the informal contraction wanna.  It is perfectly acceptable to use within the context of this light-hearted post especially since I am addressing a person I am familiar with.  I often use words such as gimmie, gotcha, oughta, kinda and wanna.  Perhaps it is to your chagrin but it is grammatically acceptable.  While we are addressing the topic of "proper" and "informal" might I ask...Do you prefer the word mayonnaise or are you fine with the more simplified mayo? 
      January 12, 2020 7:39 AM MST

Yes, I do. 
    ~
      January 12, 2020 9:37 AM MST

• LOL!  I think you're a hoot.  Thanks for always keeping me grammatically vigilant. 
      January 12, 2020 9:42 AM MST

I put a little too much bitter melon in the stew; yuk! So I fried some eggs and potato. Left the pot of stew sit overnight and was more mellowed out next day.
      January 11, 2020 7:11 PM MST

What sort of stew were you making? :) :)
      January 11, 2020 10:12 PM MST

I could just call it a 'health food stew' perhaps. I buy a variety of vegetables and boil the 'hard' veggies  (carrots,  turnip, etc.) just enough to soften them up a bit then add the soft ones and prefried hamburger, spices and grated raw garlic , usually enough to last me about a week.
      January 11, 2020 11:17 PM MST

Sounds delicious!  I bet you can freeze it too for days when you don't have the energy or a clue what to make for dinner.
    Great idea!  I just bought a new crock pot and have been looking for a good dish to break it in.
    You may have just provided me with that very dish!
    Thanks again!
    :) :)
      January 12, 2020 3:16 PM MST

Yep,  sometimes I did make a big enough batch to last a month -frozen. Just had to do some expirimenting to get a good flavor into the stuff.
      January 12, 2020 3:41 PM MST

Awesome!  I have some great morsels to put into it.  What do you use as a base?  Chicken broth? Beef bullion?  Veggie Bullion?  
      January 12, 2020 3:55 PM MST

The only thing that causes me not to eat is bad news.  I cannot eat or concentrate, if something rotten happened.  

January 11, 2020 10:23 PM MST

B...b...bu...but, but the election was in November of 2016, and he’s still in office today! You haven’t eaten since then?

~
      January 11, 2020 11:30 PM MST