Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » What’s your favourite Gaga song and why is she better than Billie Elish?

What’s your favourite Gaga song and why is she better than Billie Elish?

Posted - January 11, 2020

Responses

• I still LUV LUV LUV "The Lady Is A Tramp" with Tony Bennett.
    Great Stuff!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 12, 2020 12:44 AM MST
      January 11, 2020 4:18 PM MST

• I don’t think there’s anything she’s done I haven’t liked. 
      January 11, 2020 4:26 PM MST

Eilish has eight gold and four platinum singles in the US.[4] Her accolades include two American Music Awards, two Guinness World Records, and three MTV Video Music Awards. She has received six Grammy Award nominations, including Record of the YearAlbum of the YearSong of the Year, and Best New Artist, becoming the youngest artist ever to be nominated in the four main categories in the same year.[5]
      January 12, 2020 12:21 AM MST

• I am aware of all you've laid out there but explaining Billie to me would be like m2c and myself trying to  explain the artist "Plumbs" many accolades to you on a post a few weeks ago.  Dont get me wrong, I like Billie and there is no shortage of talent within her but I still have to name GaGa as my preference. 
      January 12, 2020 4:26 AM MST

• I wanted to post this song earlier this morning but wasn't able so I came back to do it now.  This is a song I love by Billie.  It's from the movie "Brightburn" and in this version she performs it with Justin Beiber.  It charted at the number 1 position.

January 12, 2020 6:44 AM MST

I'm more into Twenty-One Pilots...

January 11, 2020 4:59 PM MST

• Cute :) 
      January 11, 2020 5:05 PM MST

Shallow at the moment...:)
      January 11, 2020 5:57 PM MST

• That Movie was soooo good. It’s one of the few “girl” movies I really liked. 
      January 11, 2020 6:44 PM MST

I've not seen it yet...I really do like how she sings though...so much passion always in her voice ..
      January 11, 2020 7:47 PM MST

It was the WORST movie I have ever lived through.  She cannot act.  AT ALL.  OH GOD.  NO.

How many TIMES do you have to see that same old boring plot?    She looked like she was reading the lines.  

And tell me who would put up with a drunk like that?  Give me a break.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 18, 2020 8:05 AM MST
      January 12, 2020 12:22 AM MST

• you‘re nutz. It was a good movie. 
      January 18, 2020 8:06 AM MST

I could not name one song that Lady Gaga recorded.  
      January 11, 2020 9:47 PM MST

Well here is one that Billie Eilish recorded.  What do you think?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 12, 2020 7:51 AM MST
      January 12, 2020 12:11 AM MST

• I like the version she released with Justin Bieber better, but it is a GREAT song.  Posted it above as well.  Forgive the duplicate.

January 12, 2020 6:47 AM MST

Sorry - that isn't music to me and I got nauseous looking at her.
      January 12, 2020 7:51 AM MST

She's one dimensional 

She is nothing like Billie.  She is better than Madonna. But she is not better than Billie Eillish.  She doesn't have the range of style that Billie has.

Don't get me wrong  Gaga is multitalented.  She can sing .  She cannot ACT at all.  

She does not create the clever songs that Billie Eilish does.  She sings GAY songs that GAY guys love.  Basically she is a better version of Madonna.  

But Billie is in a class by herself and she is not like anyone else.  NO ONE compares to her.  

And she's way better looking.  
      January 11, 2020 9:51 PM MST

This post started out great as an example of a person freely expressing an opinion, but then it appears to have morphed into plain old bashing. If it is true* that her music is written for a particular demographic, and or enjoyed primarily by that demographic, why is that a bad thing?

Sorry, but this seems more like something Donald Trump would tweet than something you would put out. 

*I’m not familiar with her music at all, nor anything else about her. 

:(
      January 12, 2020 12:43 AM MST

• And speaking of gays I feel like this thread needs a Cher and Lady GaGa duet posted to it.  It doesn't get anymore homo-tuned than that.  Submitted for your entertainment, "The Greatest Thing". 

YAY GAYS!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 12, 2020 9:53 AM MST
      January 12, 2020 8:59 AM MST

Billie Eilish wrote this at 13.  I love Gaga, but she has nothing in her repetoire that TOPS this.  And she just did it at 13 in a bedroom with her brother.  I'm sorry.  NO ONE HAS EVER HAD THIS IMPACT. NOT GAGA NOT ANYONE.  The whole world knows her and she didn't really do anything but post a video on Cloud.  

Gaga spent a fortune.  Billie did nothing.  

January 11, 2020 9:57 PM MST

Billie Eyelash is just an upstart who has not matured enough to be anywhere are fabulous and spectacular as lady Gaga.  Perhaps as she becomes more experienced and matures, she will transcend into a legitimate artist like Gaga.  As it stands Eyelash is still in the realm of tweens and the older folk who espouse her virtues in an attempt to appear hip, young, and current.

I have so many LG songs that I love that it is nearly impossible to pick one single one. I want to throw out a few and yes, I will dig back into her early classics...

January 12, 2020 8:41 AM MST

This is stupid.  Comparing Billie Eilish to anyone or Gaga to anyone is stupid.  

Face it. Gaga is wonderfully talented.  She deserves all the praise she has gotten.

I just happen to like Billie Eilish better.  I like where she is coming from more and I am not gay. I understand the love gays have for Gaga.  She's perfect for that.  

Billie is more bizarre because of who she appeals to.  Every major musician praises her to the sky.  There is something to that when you are a 13 year old  making music that the idols, including Gaga would love to make.  
      January 12, 2020 8:51 AM MST

"This is stupid.  Comparing Billie Eilish to anyone or Gaga to anyone is stupid."

Have you been looking at your own posts? 

January 12, 2020 8:59 AM MST

That’s nice: someone has an opinion that differs from yours, so you throw out the “stupid” word. Newsflash, Sharonna!  It’s perfectly fine for people to have their own tastes in music and artists, and not everyone has to agree. I do not think YOU are stupid nor that your tastes are stupid, regardless of the fact that I don’t follow either Lady Gaga or Billie. 

It’s difficult to understand how or why a person as intelligent, caring, thoughtful, expressive and normally respectful as you would stoop as low as this. It’s beneath you, it really is. 

:(
      January 12, 2020 9:53 AM MST