Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you over share when you go off your meds? DO YOU?

Do you over share when you go off your meds? DO YOU?

Posted - January 11, 2020

Responses

Nah! Plus, I'm too damn scared to see what this damn world is like off my meds. I'll be popping pills for the rest of my life.
      January 11, 2020 7:27 PM MST

• I was only on mine for about 7 months... they seemed to calm me down but not numb me. I decided to stop  them over Christmas vacation because I really didn’t think I needed anymore. I think I mad a huge mistake. I’m a bit reckless without them. it was all I knew before but I got used to being calm, so I don’t really like this feeling now, at all. 
      January 11, 2020 7:32 PM MST

I made the same mistake. HEY!! Let me tell you something. I like you and I never want you to stop taking your meds again. It's possible to get better taking them, but that will only happen if you super consistent about taking them. My lecture ends................NOW!!!
      January 11, 2020 8:24 PM MST

• I'm not on meds BISH!!!

But I still like licking your windshield when you park at the liquor store. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 12, 2020 1:31 PM MST
      January 11, 2020 7:39 PM MST

• Haha, I was put on some meds early tbis year. I decided to quit them 2 weeks ago AND ITS NOT WORKING OUT WELL FOR ME BISH!! 
      January 11, 2020 7:42 PM MST

The only med I am on is for eczema. So I do not have that problem. 
      January 11, 2020 7:40 PM MST

• I’ve been on an SSRI for about 6 months. they kinda calmed me down but I wanted to try a break from them Cos my doctor said I could when I was ready. She promised me the drugs had no withdrawals but I feel like I’m having some this week. I don’t feel bad, but I don’t feel right. Kind of anxious feeling. 
      January 11, 2020 7:44 PM MST

• Actually it was probably more than 6 months. it really calmed my brain down when I was on them. I think I need them back Cos my brain is all over the place without them. I thought I missed this side of me, but it’s exhausting. I forgot what it felt like. 
      January 11, 2020 7:50 PM MST

I'm not a doctor but I suggest you don't make a  decision about the meds until after you look after the puppy - a puppy might get you in the right mind set without the meds. Cheers and Happy Weekend! 
      January 11, 2020 8:04 PM MST

• Good advice :) thank you. 
      January 11, 2020 8:06 PM MST

I think stuff like that is better coming off by slowly cutting back. Not going cold turkey. 

For possible withdrawal and to see how your emotions/mood react with each downscale. As everyone reacts differently to medications. 
    I have several people in my family who have dealt with depression/etc. 
      January 11, 2020 7:55 PM MST

Sometimes I am off my meds because I shared my meds.

there is that too.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 18, 2020 8:02 AM MST
      January 11, 2020 10:18 PM MST

• Nah, I just decided I didn’t need them anymore For a month. back on them now. gawd I’m never doing that again lol. 
      January 18, 2020 8:03 AM MST

Yes...after my shoulder replacement, the doc prescribed me 50 percocet 5s. I took 20 of them in 3 weeks and gave the remainder to a friend who is in constant pain and on disability. He lives in MI and they will only presrcibe him a very limited amount. He refuses to use THC in any form.
      January 12, 2020 1:36 PM MST

• The strongest thing I’ve taken for pain is an Advil. 
      January 18, 2020 8:04 AM MST