Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Is there anything you eat right out of the jar that you really shouldn't?

Is there anything you eat right out of the jar that you really shouldn't?

Posted - January 12, 2020

Responses

A certain family member eats peanut butter straight outta the jar. I might hafta stop buying it.
      January 12, 2020 1:21 PM MST

I do that when my glucose is down. My wife doesn't care. Hey...at least I use a spoon. Buy your family member a large jar of it.
      January 12, 2020 1:25 PM MST

• Fireflies.
      January 12, 2020 1:31 PM MST

Do they glow in your tummy?  That must look cool at night!  Maybe you are a walking nightlight?! 
    :) :)
      January 12, 2020 3:29 PM MST

• Maybe he has to attend a drinking party later on. The Greek people drink Olive Oil before those happenings. The French eat  full-fat cheese before a party.  When I still lived in Germany, I followed suit by doing similar things. Fat is the best basis for drinking everyone under the table, so to speak, at least to survive those parties in a dignified manner.
      January 12, 2020 1:38 PM MST

Hi! :) :)  Olive oil?  Does that slow the acid in your stomach and stop heartburn in the process of over-indulging?
      January 12, 2020 3:31 PM MST

• It is just "folk wisdom". I am not a chemist, but I know that fat diminishes the impact of alcohol - of a good complete meal beforehand - for sure. I am rather thinking of still going upright to reach the taxi instead of falling asleep at the bar. I never had heartburn anyway, because the drinks I ever had where pure distilled alcohol. The sugar in the mixed drinks seems to be the reason for gut problems.
      January 12, 2020 5:07 PM MST

I can not think of one thing that meets the criteria you outlined, but I do enjoy a piece of raw, lean Hamburg;  salted and peppered.
    I've been doing it all my life and it has never made me sick.
    My stomach and digestive track possess supernatural qualities. You would be amazed at what I have swallowed. This post was edited by Jon at January 12, 2020 5:26 PM MST
      January 12, 2020 3:34 PM MST

• They say goats will eat anything.
      January 12, 2020 3:35 PM MST

Yes, Yes, Yess, sexy Twinkle. 
    Tonight, I plan on having a belly full of Pretzel Grapes
      January 12, 2020 3:39 PM MST

My dad knew a guy with a goat that ate a huge rubber coated thick waterproof coat....and it wasn't even raining when it ate it...
      January 12, 2020 6:56 PM MST

• LOL!
      January 13, 2020 7:34 AM MST

It's a true story.....it was an old police waterproof hanging on the line after the guy who had it washed it...lol
      January 13, 2020 10:53 AM MST

• So do I. Jonny, it is the most healthy way to eat beef. Food can be medicine, if eaten the right way. 
      January 12, 2020 5:11 PM MST

The only healthy way to eat beef is not to eat it at all.

You may think you are healthy but you would be a lot healthier without it.

Meat Can Cause Heart Disease in Humans
    Carnivorous animals in the wild virtually NEVER develop heart disease or suffer from strokes—ailments that humans can suffer an increased risk of developing due to their consumption of the saturated fat and cholesterol found in meat. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 12, 2020 6:06 PM MST
      January 12, 2020 5:24 PM MST

• I eat butter, bacon, eggs and 4% milk almost daily, and my cholesterol is right from the book. Carnivorous animals eat raw meat, therefore the never suffer. Humans suffer because the eat all the food full of chemicals. Par example: I do not eat Instant oats, I cook the real ones. I do not go to restaurants, I cook myself. BTW - my best loved meat is pork butt or shoulder with the skin, cooked in a covered dutch oven in an oven. With onions and pepper and Himalayan Salt - - out of this world, the fatter the better.  Do you know that most heart diseases are related to dried up arteries who seldom get nourished by fat? It is called Arteriosclerosis. Just google it.  Especially older people should keep  their arteries well nourished.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 13, 2020 11:23 AM MST
      January 12, 2020 6:15 PM MST

U R AWESOME 
      January 12, 2020 11:14 PM MST

I'm guilty of the peanut butter, too.
    Pickles, sweet or dill.  It doesn't matter.  I like all types of cucumbers.
    Peppers.
    Black olives.  Those are in a can not a jar.
    Green olives, too.
    Fake whipped cream.  That comes in a can. ;) :)

January 12, 2020 3:34 PM MST

• I agree with pickles and olives, but I disagree with the fake whipped cream. I already gag when I think of it. It always has to be the real "healthy" food. My health concideration looks much different than the one of most doctors. The best proof is my health. I take two small tablets per day my doctor thinks I have to take, but I really know I do not need. One of these days I will skip those too. I am 84 and have the next dr's appointment in one year.
      January 12, 2020 5:18 PM MST

Pickles and olives are OK to eat from the jar.
      January 12, 2020 5:27 PM MST

Reddi-whip is real cream. Look it up.
      January 13, 2020 11:26 AM MST

Pepto Bismol.    I know, I know... it's polite to use that that nice cup they provide.
      January 12, 2020 3:54 PM MST

Don used to do that as a kid, too!  I didn't know him then but I believe him!
    :) :)
      January 12, 2020 3:58 PM MST

• Sometimes I'm just in a hurry...

January 12, 2020 4:37 PM MST