Discussion » Questions » Emotions » When I am stressed or overly-emotional, I get sensations in my stomach. Sometimes it hurts. Usually I lose my appetite. YOU?

When I am stressed or overly-emotional, I get sensations in my stomach. Sometimes it hurts. Usually I lose my appetite. YOU?

Posted - January 14, 2020

Responses

It may have. I admit that I've been pretty much out of local news during late November til about now -- work for me was crazy in some ways for weeks and that's all it seemed it was for me, work. Even when I wasn't at work.
    Which I realize all pales in comparison to what happened to this young guy.
      January 14, 2020 5:55 PM MST

There you are.  You must watch this video.  

I do not care if you like it.  I mean you don't have to be nice.  But I love this woman.  She wrote this when she was 13 freaking years old.  
      January 14, 2020 7:51 PM MST

I liked that a lot! Hadn't heard it! she's amazing, yup. I like her a lot, too.

I also had bought one of her albums a while ago after hearing her for the very first time with her "Bad Guy" song last summer. (I also see now where your new name answerMug came from, ha! I didn't pay close enough attention to that album until just now, ha!)

Eilish was on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine not too long ago. I read most of the article (I think. I was getting my hair cut and was waiting my turn while I read.) And from the article, I know her brother has been huge in her career and music - they recorded most of her stuff together I believe.

And in the article was a picture of her parents - - and, perv that I am, I noticed hot attractive I found her dad, ha! I'd certainly be open to seducing her dad. Or being seduced by him, ha.
    If I find a picture of him I'll post it. :)

EDIT: Her family - - he's on the bottom left :) 

Also, that's her brother and mom

Image result for billie eilish's dad

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 15, 2020 9:34 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 9:32 AM MST

I think Fineas is cute and the parents are just parents.  But, I figured if ANYONE would know about her, you would.  I have both her albums and out of both albums there are about 10 songs I  REALLY love.  The rest?  Not so much.  But that is really a LOT for two albums.  I mean all the songs I like are as good as Bad Guy.  I see really good stuff happening for this girl.  She is right for this time.  It is like hip hop grunge.  LOL  
      January 15, 2020 9:36 AM MST

Yup, I did know about her, huh? :)

I'm with you all the way on her! I'm not surprised we both like her!

Her dad is still hot to me, ha!
    :)
      January 15, 2020 9:39 AM MST

The father is handsome.  

Billy talks about her mom a lot and her brother, and does not mention her dad as much.  I'm sure it is not for any bad reason, I just noticed that.  I think she loves both of them equally, if that matters.  

But you just caused me to notice something.  She looks like her dad.  A lot.  Same eyes.  Same lips.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 15, 2020 9:42 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 9:40 AM MST

Woops -- didn't see your comment here before I posted the second time about her dad being hot to me, ha :)

Yeah, I only read that one article about her. In that article it did seem she loves her entire family. They sound like they all have a unique-ish loving and supporting family love for each other. I bet I'd like getting to know that entire family.
      January 15, 2020 9:45 AM MST

I started looking at things about her because I liked the songs and she is very charming.  The whole family is and I think that helps her connect to her billion fans.  

I never imagined someone I liked this much would be big like this.  But she is handling it well.   And all the major musicians love her.  That is impressive.

And I am amazed how much you already know about her.

I have been so busy these last few years, I have no idea what is out there any more.  But that is cool.  I like catching up.  That is what happened to me with Nirvana.  I was in Florida, practically isolated from reality back then with my then boyfriend, and we had no TV at all to speak of.  I didn't even know OJ killed any one.  And then Nirvana exploded.  I didn't know anything about Kurt Cobain till I moved back to Chicago.  Then I went nuts.  LOL  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 15, 2020 9:51 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 9:49 AM MST

That's cool. Her "Bad Guy" struck me strongly -- I'd hear it on the car radio and always think " Who IS this? This is SO different than everything else I'm hearing." I love that song -- and video. that was the first I heard of her, like I already said.

I recently read she's singing the theme to the new James Bond movie. I figure they should just use "Bad Guy" for the movie's theme, ha!
      January 15, 2020 9:53 AM MST

NIRVANA!!!!!

I posted a question about them, too, not too long ago! In literally about the last two months, I discovered that a song I adored was a Nirvana song! Over years and years, I would hear it by chance and never pay attention, though, to figure out who the singer/group was! By chance ,I discovered the song was "All Apologies" by Nirvana! What a GREAT song to me- - especially those last 15 seconds or so. After the whole song, those concluding moments just kick major a** to me.

I'll go find it and post it for fun, though I know you already know it.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 15, 2020 9:58 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 9:57 AM MST

I think it was over a fight he and Courtney Love were having.  I think.  I can't remember anymore.

Our love is all we are.
      January 15, 2020 10:04 AM MST

Oh, wow! Thanks! I know next to nothing about Cobain and Nirvana/etc. (Other than liking their music more and more, once I'm finding out they did way more songs than that Teen Spirit song, which I like, too.)
      January 15, 2020 10:27 AM MST

OH cool.   I can hear him all over again with you.  

I'll post things for you in the coming months.  It is great to hear things through your ear, because you have such a different take than I do, but we usually converge.  And you have found me such amazing things.  So, I'll start with Heart-Shaped Box.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 15, 2020 10:55 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 10:30 AM MST

That one, TOO? Never knew who sang that one, too! No wonder everyone talked/talks about Nirvana. I've liked everything I've discovered is them. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed listening!

I really like Alice in Chains and Layne Staley, too. It's sad to me that both Staley and Cobain are dead.

I so often just listen to all sorts of stations on the radio, especially the car radio and just rock out and enjoy hearing all sorts of different music. Unless I don't like what I hear and I change the station, ha. I enjoy the randomness of songs on radio playlists; I'm more likely to hear stuff I've not heard before. And to rehear those songs I like.
      January 15, 2020 10:55 AM MST

Yeah, you're right -- good eyes you've got there!
      January 15, 2020 9:46 AM MST

I do not stress nor emote, normally nor overtly. 

~
      January 14, 2020 9:57 PM MST

I see.  I see.  You are either a high-level saint the likes of Jesus, or you are Ted Bundy.
      January 15, 2020 9:38 AM MST

The older I get the less able I am to handle stress, like the present.  An old folks home is looking good right now.  No worries for once in your life, sounds good.  I only have a couple of days to back out of this project with no penalty.  

This post was edited by . at January 15, 2020 9:38 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 2:37 AM MST

Stress can be challenging for sure.
    Best to you -- hang in there.
      January 15, 2020 9:36 AM MST

I wish you much luck with this.  I also would love to live in an old people's home.  I would not get bored, just leave me alone.  YES.
      January 15, 2020 9:39 AM MST

I do not stress much. But when I do I get cranky.
      January 15, 2020 10:15 AM MST

You are not usually cranky, so I am guessing you have the stress part under control.

What a gift you have.  
      January 15, 2020 10:19 AM MST

Yes. As long as my family is healthy and my bills are paid, I am happy. 
      January 15, 2020 10:50 AM MST

Does posting help?
      January 15, 2020 2:26 PM MST

• No.  I am just the opposite.  I am a stress eater.  When things are crashing down and the whole world is on fire just point me in the direction of the nearest dish of macaroni and cheese.  Carbs numb the pain.  I love carbs. God, I hate carbs.
      January 15, 2020 10:26 AM MST