Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dumb don betrayed the Constitution, the Country and its citizens. His adoring worshippers are clearly malcontents who support HIM. WHY?

Dumb don betrayed the Constitution, the Country and its citizens. His adoring worshippers are clearly malcontents who support HIM. WHY?

Posted - January 15, 2020

Responses

• They love the "bad boys".  Unfortunately, that seldom turns out well.  They love to see him buck the "system" .. and forget that the "system" was put in place for good reason!
      January 15, 2020 10:46 AM MST

Hi Mrs.C! Long ago when we used to go out to movies on occasion some in the audience would cheer the "bad guys" which I never understood. Now I do. Those are the folks dumb don attracts. That there are so many of them is shockingly atrocious and very tragic. The weird thing is as he bucks the system he hurts them but it doesn't seem to get through to them. I don't know why. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :) ((hugs))
      January 17, 2020 2:16 AM MST

Further research is required.
      January 15, 2020 6:15 PM MST

Hahahahahaha! You slay me SP. Further research? So you don't have a clue why they adore the "bad guys" and root for them and cheer them on and admire them and defend them and support them? Take a shot at it. Are they all frustrated nobodies who never did a thing worth doing and now they cling together giving the middle finger to the country the citizens the Constitution and right and wrong? That's how they appear to be to me. Also not too sharp since a lot of what dumb don done done has harmed them. But it don't matter no how no way. He is their guy. What a crock! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      January 17, 2020 2:19 AM MST

For a first pass, I will bring you this quote from long-time GOP campaign consultant Rick Wilson, a man who dislikes Trump and what he represents so much, he has left the Republican Party and is trying to help defeat him.
    "You know, it was like a bunch of black swans landed at one time. You have the confluence of reality TV, of Fox News, of Donald Trump with celebrity culture, of a field of Republicans who — none of them were superstars at the end of the day, no matter how much we wanted them to be. You had Hillary Clinton as the [Democratic] nominee, who had this 30-year pre-existing condition where the Republicans had turned her into Satan incarnate with their voters.

So this moment happened, and Donald Trump's moral failings and his racism and everything else about this guy led a party that had been told for years, the only thing you're missing is somebody who will blow up everything. You just want to destroy everything. I mean, it's the Joker candidacy. And they got it.

Right now there are three categories of Republicans. A fairly small fraction of them, like a third maybe, really believe in this crap. Really believe that Trumpism is the new way. They treat him as a king. A third of the Republicans are terrified of the guy. They are so scared of a tweet that they hide under their covers every day. And a third of them are like opportunists. They want the judges, they want the regulations for their donors, that sort of crap.

The confluence of all those things that came together at one moment gave us this terrible, terrible thing. And look, all of us who worked in the party for a long time, we recognized there were different fractions and factions in the party. I've never been a social conservative, I'm not an evangelical. Everybody has given up in the Republican Party of today. All of those predicates. They don't believe in anything. They believe in Trump, whether they believe in his terror over them or their love of him. It leads to a personality cult, not a political party."

I think that's a good starting point. But further research is required...
    This post was edited by SaltyPebble at January 17, 2020 6:02 AM MST
      January 17, 2020 5:53 AM MST

Geez SP what a BRILLIANT analysis. Thank you for sharing it with us and Happy Friday! :)
      January 17, 2020 6:02 AM MST