Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You levitate effortlessly over the garden of your life, viewing the crops you have sewn. What hue would your glasses be tinted?

You levitate effortlessly over the garden of your life, viewing the crops you have sewn. What hue would your glasses be tinted?

What is our life? The play of passion.

Our mirth? The music of division:

Our mothers’ wombs the tiring-houses be,

Where we are dressed for life’s short comedy.

The earth the stage; Heaven the spectator is,

Who sits and views whosoe’er doth act amiss. 

The graves which hide us from the scorching sun

Are like drawn curtains when the play is done.

Thus playing post we to our latest rest,

And then we die in earnest, not in jest.  

~Sir Walter Raleigh

Posted - January 16, 2020

Responses

My glasses would be tinted some shade of brown -- my life-long-thus-far absolute favorite color.

(To the concern of many in my life -- the looks I get/have gotten when asked my favorite color! I remember my first grade teacher being concerned that I wanted to stick with the brown crayola. Few other colors surround us constantly like brown does, all the while, without shouting for and demanding attention.)

:)
      January 16, 2020 6:45 PM MST

Welby, you are a first for me. LOL

I have never heard anyone say "Brown" is their fave colour.
    If I can be honest... Can I be honest with you? I find brown eyes on guys extremely attractive. Brown and Green are by far my two favorite eye colours.

Everyone has their thing. Twinkle's fave colour is Purple.
    I wonder if I ever mentioned this but I am slightly colour blind and because of that, I am attracted to very bright, intense colours. Dark colours like brown, olive green, deep blues, and the like mess with me as well as the various shades of colours. It is difficult for me to differentiate them from one another.
    In contrast to that, brilliant hues pop!

That may lend some credence as to why I don't have an absolute colour, but rather, I have favorite colours for particular things such as yellow cars, red birds...
    Does that make sense? lol

January 16, 2020 7:16 PM MST

It makes much and total sense to me!

And, Yup -- you're not the first to say I'm the first to name brown. Shucks, and this means I was your first. I'm honored. Ha!
      January 16, 2020 7:22 PM MST

And I like your entire setup of your question.
    And the Raleigh verse.
      January 16, 2020 6:53 PM MST

Much appreciated. I like that verse and thought it fit nicely with the question.

This post was edited by Jon at January 16, 2020 7:23 PM MST
      January 16, 2020 7:20 PM MST

I think I would wear Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses, so as not to see the horror I have wrought...

https://www.themarysue.com/peril-sensitive-shades/
      January 16, 2020 7:10 PM MST

Hah! I have seen the horror you wrought on M2C when you cite logic & facts in a debate.
    This post was edited by Jon at January 17, 2020 7:40 PM MST
      January 16, 2020 7:18 PM MST

I thank you for the compliment. Any further comment on my part would probably result in a TOS violation...
      January 16, 2020 7:23 PM MST

Beeeeeeeeen there. Donnnnnnnnnnne that. LOL
    If it's any consolation, I've left my Mug cell in "move-in" condition.

January 16, 2020 7:56 PM MST