Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you think you are PC?

Do you think you are PC?

Which sounds better? A bunch of retards or a group of thinking impaired people.

Posted - January 17, 2020

Responses

I'd go even more PC and say "differently abled."
      January 17, 2020 11:23 AM MST

Carlin said it best.: "We are all differently abled."
      January 17, 2020 2:04 PM MST

PC? ME? LOL
      January 17, 2020 11:28 AM MST

•   January 17, 2020 4:59 PM MST

January 17, 2020 5:07 PM MST

I an NOT PC.  Heck, I'm not even Mac!  What sounds best is, 'A bunch of tards'.  If one retards to much they'd stop moving altogether (tard means to slow down, and 're' means again).
      January 17, 2020 3:45 PM MST

Yes,I'm told I'm Pretty Cute....and people don't lie about things like that cuz I'd bash em .... :)D
      January 17, 2020 3:53 PM MST

It's better to be ugly than cute, statistics show.

bikinicarwash
    lone photowolf on flickr This post investigates female attractiveness, but without the usual photo analysis stuff. Instead, we look past a woman's picture, into the reaction she creates in the reptile mind of the human male.

Among the remarkable things we'll show:

• The more men as a group that disagree about a woman's looks, the more they end up liking her
    • Guys tend to ignore girls who are merely cute
    • Having some men think a girl is ugly can actually work in a woman's favor.

Fair warning: we're about to objectify women, big-time. The whole purpose of this blog is to analyze OkCupid's data, and without a little bit of objectification that's impossible. Men will get their turn under the microscope soon enough. As usual, none of this (with the exception of the celebrity examples) is my opinion. All data is collected from actual user activity.

January 17, 2020 4:35 PM MST

January 17, 2020 5:09 PM MST

They can objectify me all they like....it won't get them anywhere.....I'm already spoken for.....lol
      January 18, 2020 7:31 AM MST

I can state for a plain fact that I am not PC.  That said, retards abound, who benefits by renaming them? 

PC is the parlance of pretentious sissies who can’t abide unflattering commentaries. 

Let me share some  of THE Most Pathetic PC I’ve ever heard:

Lardass isn’t Fat;  He’s metabolically challenged.

Stupid? Nope, cognitively disadvantaged.

Lazy? Chronic underachiever.

Loud/obnoxious? No, merely boisterous.

Dishonest? Just factually detached.

Clumsy; um, inadequately agile.

Slovenly - Dressed down. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 18, 2020 5:21 AM MST
      January 17, 2020 4:22 PM MST

Good ones. How about horizontally challenged. (Obese). Appearance impaired. (Ugly.)
      January 17, 2020 5:13 PM MST

Retarded works just fine.  So does dumbass. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 17, 2020 5:11 PM MST
      January 17, 2020 4:28 PM MST

I just call them Republicans.
      January 17, 2020 4:42 PM MST

Asker's Pick
      January 17, 2020 6:24 PM MST

• I never believe in being disingenuous I do however believe in being diplomatic...and there is a difference.  I know the idea of conducting oneself in a PC manner, especially overly so, has become cringe worthy in today's social environment but I choose to always err on the side of being kind.  Maybe I'm not trying to be "P"olitically "C"orrect but rather wanting to be "P"roperly "C"hristlike.
      January 17, 2020 4:55 PM MST

What I find curious about the whining over "political correctness" is that in almost any instance where "political correctness" ACTUALLY MATTERS, the vast majority of people are perfectly OK with being "politically correct."

After all, almost nobody uses the "N-word" anymore when discussing African-Americans (the AAVE word "Niggah" is NOT the same thing, but that's a whole separate discussion).

Most people do not use the word "retard" when they encounter someone who has genuine cognitive deficits due to genetic problems or physiological damage.

There are numerous examples. 

Sure, if you look hard enough you can find some instance somewhere that seems extreme and ridiculous. But in everyday life people go around being polite "politically correct" and don't seem to suffer very much from the effort.

Yes, the jokes one can come up with by taking the principals of being polite "political correctness"  to extremes can be amusing and/or cringeworthy (see the Asker's Pick for examples). But those are what they are: jokes. They are not what people actually use in everyday conversation.

So why do people get so worked up about being polite "political correctness?"

This post was edited by SaltyPebble at January 18, 2020 7:53 AM MST
      January 18, 2020 7:49 AM MST