Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I used to think that my country was the greatest country in the world! That's why people came here for a better life. Now? What d/ya think?

I used to think that my country was the greatest country in the world! That's why people came here for a better life. Now? What d/ya think?

The antichrist dumb don has reversed the country lopsided it upended it denigrated it demolished it. It is no longer the country it was. He is an excellent DESTROYER OF GOOD AND PROMOTER OF UNGODLY UNGOOD.

What do you/did you think about YOUR country? Why?

Posted - January 18, 2020

Responses

Good day Rosie! (I won't say "good afternoon" because I'm not sure it is afternoon yet where you are).

I for one don't believe that America has become a repository of ungodliness and ungood just because it has a vulgar, ranty and entitled serial liar as its head of state. I still have a good opinion of the bulk of the American people, I really do. I do not think Trump's style of politics has become the new normal yet, and even if it does, it's not inevitable that the decay will trickle down to everyone. People have lots of role models besides the president and politicians - there's parents, siblings, teachers, pastors, scientists, sports stars, businesspeople and many others too numerous to mention.

I've mixed feelings about where my country is heading - how can I sum it up in just a few lines?
    Our political elites are shallow, vain and ridiculous, we've become a nation of binge-drinkers and gambling addicts, marijuana use is increasing, trains are overcrowded, everywhere you go there are potholes in the road, since 2000 we've had some of the worst child protection scandals in Europe, homelessness and food-bank use are on the rise, in 2017 72 people burned to death in an apartment building because the management organisation used the wrong kind of cladding on the exterior...I could go on. But we are one of the greatest innovators in the world (according to the Global Innovation Index), we have some splendid national parks and other countryside and many fascinating historic towns. And it's difficult to feel too down about it on a day like this, when the sun's shining and I'm at home surrounded by good neighbours.
      January 18, 2020 7:35 AM MST

Hi there Rev! This is such a thoughtful useful and informative reply for which I thank you. From your lips to the Universe may it be so. Of course I live in the middle of the mess of a muddle so my view is up close and personal. Sometimes standing back gives better perspective. Our entire system is corrupt these days. The Executive thinks he is a king. He owns the legislative Republicam Senate and in the House the Republican minority. You can see by the actions of moscow mitch that son of an itch what dumb don ownership means and does to former human beings. As for the judicial the fake AG billbarr is as corrupt as they come. So too is mike pompousa**. All the movers and shakers and players in the dumb don CULT gubment are promulgating evil. SIGH. But you say there is more to our country than them and we shall survive. I sure hope so. Right now it's grim dim glum. As for your country you are trying very hard to be honest about it but also fair so you balance the awful with the hopeful. Very nicely done! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      January 19, 2020 4:10 AM MST