Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dumb Al Dershowitz sez the Framers of the Constitution did NOT make abuse of power an impeachable offense. Is he dumber than dumb don?

Dumb Al Dershowitz sez the Framers of the Constitution did NOT make abuse of power an impeachable offense. Is he dumber than dumb don?

Posted - January 18, 2020

Responses

Hello Rosie:

We're gonna hear a lot more of that gobbledy gook in the next few days. 

But, since impeachment is political, instead of legal, as long as they have the votes, they could impeach Trump for wearing very, very long ties.

excon This post was edited by excon at January 19, 2020 7:42 AM MST
      January 18, 2020 9:22 AM MST

Hahahaha! SAY WHAT excon? Also why do you say it is "political" not "legal"? Is THE CONSTITUTION a political piece or the rules and laws upon which our country was founded? You are very confusing today m'dear. What am I missing? Surface and superficially I disagree with thee. But maybe you know something I don't. Wanna share? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to  thy and thine! :) Gonna ask.
      January 18, 2020 9:31 AM MST

Hi Rosie:

Since "high crimes and misdemeanors" aren't terms found in the criminal code, it's up to every individual to decide for himself what it means..  That's the epitome of a political process as opposed to a legal one..

To bolster that argument, when our founders wrote the term "high crimes and misdemeanors" it couldn't have meant "crimes" in the legal sense, because a federal criminal code had yet to be written.  As of the Constitution's writing, there were NO laws and NO federal crimes.  So, the founders COULDN'T have been referring to "crimes" in the way we mean them today, because there were NO federal crimes.

excon This post was edited by excon at January 19, 2020 7:18 AM MST
      January 18, 2020 9:44 AM MST

Article II Section 4. "The president vice president and all civil officers SHALL BE removed from office on impeachment for and conviction of TREASON BRIBERY or other high crimes and misdemeanors". When culthead dumb don EXTORTED Zelensky by offering a BRIBE (a visit to the White House and release of the foreign aid already approved but held up by culthead dumb don) he fit a specified requirement. BRIBERY. I believe the Founding Fathers had confidence enough in our intelligence that we could figure out what bad acts rose to the level of a high crime. How about supporting Putin in all things and throwing our own Intelligence Agents under the bus? How about engaging foreign countries to MEDDLE in an election to help you win? How about lying 24/7 to everyone about everything? How about hiring a liddlebillybarr, fake AG who facilitates all criminal activities since the barr believe nothing this dumbdon prez does can be illegal and has a secty of state like mike pompous** who engages in backing up everything the culthead dumb don sez and regularly throws his own people under the bus? How about DEFYING CONGRESS and refusing to supply subpoened documents or people to testify UNDER OATH? You think no crime exists there because like liddlebillybarr whatever the culthead bum dumb don does is legal by the very nature of his being prez? I disagree with thee. I think there are multiple instances of HIGH CRIMES. The culthead dumb done never does the misdemeanor. He goes for the high crime to make it worth his while. He begged Russia and China to intervene and help him win. Everything he does/says is a crime in my opinion. The hard part is there are so many of them where do you start? His very existence is a high crime so he is walking talking demon spawn. Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Sunday! :)
      January 19, 2020 7:49 AM MST

Hi again Rosie, 

You’re preaching to the choir. From both yours and my political perspective Trump is clearly guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. But that’s not a legal argument because I don’t know what high crimes and misdemeanors are. There is no description of those terms in any legal text. So you and I get to make up what we think they are and we agree. 

excon This post was edited by excon at January 19, 2020 7:59 AM MST
      January 19, 2020 7:56 AM MST

Sorry honey. I get carried away but you better than anyone KNOW THAT after all these years. Apologies if I went over the line. I'm just so frustrated! AARRGGHH! Thanks pal! ((hugs))
      January 19, 2020 8:00 AM MST

Since IMPEACHMENT IS POLITICAL?  This will be over in a snap of McConnell's wax fingers.  
      January 18, 2020 9:40 AM MST

WOW.  Look at the arena of jurists whose time has long past.  They have outlived their usefulness, and their demented brains still think they are JURST SUPERSTARS.  Sort of like Trump still thinking he is a WORLD CLASS REALITY STAR.  

We have Derscho dim wtz  and Rudy Drooliani.  Two senile jurists.  BUT ?  WE ALSO HAVE a cast of wanna be retards that will soon join the demented elderly in a decade or two.  

You know?  A loser (Trump) picking losers.  It all makes sense.

William Barr.  A total crook who would sell his soul to the DEVIL for power.  He would never been elected dog catcher any place else.
    He is not that old but when he gets there, trust me, he will be a crackpot worse than RUDY.

Has anyone heard a peep out of NUNEZ yet?  Or is he too busy thinking about his latest back-peddle regarding Ukraine and never meeting LEV?

And the beat goes on and on and on and on.....

If this CREEP gets into office again?  THERE IS NO AMERICA.

January 18, 2020 9:38 AM MST

I must say the culthead dumb don picks have extraordinarily homogenous. Reprobates dumbheads souless heartless braindead automatons. It's a great record for anyone. There is not one function brain collectively among all of them. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      January 19, 2020 7:55 AM MST

• He is now Don's PR man.  He was hired more for his TV persona than his legal expertise.  Trump is all about hype and Al will spew his baloney to the masses which is just what Don wants.  
      January 19, 2020 7:44 AM MST

He never impressed me Mrs. C. He is really dumb and ill-informed so how he can be a retired college professor amazes me. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 19, 2020 7:56 AM MST

That is a silly argument for Dershowitz to make.

There are numerous things a member of the Executive or Judiciary branch could do that are technically legal, but which could be contrary to the interests of the nation and good public order.

For example, suppose a federal judge started dismissing every case before him (or her) if the defendant's name was Larry. That's not technically illegal. Judges are given broad discretion in how they handle case. But it would clearly be unethical and grounds for impeachment.

Or, supposed a President filled his staff with family members who used their status as Presidential staff to further their personal and family business interests....Oh, wait.... That might not technically be illegal, but it would be (at least arguably) unethical and contrary to the national interest. That, too, would be an impeachable offense.

The term "high crimes" is explicitly a phrase meant to indicate abuses of power by people of "high office." I think it's very clear the impeachment power (which is mentioned MANY times in the text of the Constitution) was meant as a deterrent against and a punishment for abuse of power.

I think Dershowitz actually knows this (he's a former Harvard law professor). We can only speculate as to why he is asserting otherwise.
      January 19, 2020 7:57 AM MST

Article II Section 4. "The president vice president and all civil officers SHALL BE removed from office on impeachment for and conviction of TREASON BRIBERY or other high crimes and misdemeanors". 

Where is the crime? It is NOT listed in the articles. 
      January 19, 2020 8:01 AM MST

January 19, 2020 8:21 AM MST

Again they have listed no law in their articles of impechment. 
    You could argue a campaign finace law...but again they have not listed a law perhaps they will later...
      January 19, 2020 12:11 PM MST

I would debate this with you, but all you'd do is move the goal posts around so that you NEVER EVER EVER have to admit being even slightly wrong even once, so I'm not going to bother.

Take it away, Bella!

This post was edited by SaltyPebble at January 19, 2020 1:25 PM MST
      January 19, 2020 1:22 PM MST