Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It seems to me if you truly LOVE someone you do not fantasize about others. Now that's just me. Dull, old-fashioned. Is that you too?

It seems to me if you truly LOVE someone you do not fantasize about others. Now that's just me. Dull, old-fashioned. Is that you too?

Posted - January 19, 2020

Responses

• No.

Huh-uh.

Not ever.

Erotic daydreaming is not the same as reality, and shouldn't be a source of guilt. That's why the call it fantasy.
      January 19, 2020 12:00 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Loon Lips. Obviously I don't share this view. Happy Monday to you. This post was edited by RosieG at January 20, 2020 8:47 AM MST
      January 20, 2020 2:25 AM MST

Love means putting one above yourself.  That means you put their needs and feelings ahead of your own.  Fantasizing about another is called lust.  Lust is skin deep, whereas love is heart deep. If you truly love someone you won't lust over another, simply because that lusting might hurt the one you love.
      January 19, 2020 2:42 PM MST

I think that there are lots of folks who believe they "love" their mates but fantasize all the time about others. I do not understand that kind of "love" frankly. I think they're kidding themselves when they flirt with others and the ones who have sex outside of their marriage and still maintain they "LOVE" their mates are full of sh**. You cannot love someone whom you disrespect and lie to. Period. End of story. At least not in my world. The world of rationalization and justification is rampant with these phonies. Not my cuppa tea. Thank you for your thought reply Shuhak! :)
      January 20, 2020 2:28 AM MST