Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » When is the last time you squirmed?

When is the last time you squirmed?

Posted - January 19, 2020

Responses

30 seconds ago. 
      January 19, 2020 6:45 PM MST

OH!. Was it anything I said?
      January 19, 2020 6:46 PM MST

Nope, it’s just cold. : )
      January 19, 2020 6:47 PM MST

Me too. I have a cramp in my ankle.
      January 20, 2020 12:20 AM MST

When I found out that Lady Ondine is back with us. I haven’t done anything wrong (per se), but with her, one can never be too sure.

January 19, 2020 10:37 PM MST

The best victims are innocent. : )
      January 19, 2020 10:45 PM MST

Oh!

January 19, 2020 10:46 PM MST

I did some squirming today.  
      January 19, 2020 10:50 PM MST

I was massaging someone today and I accidentally gouged their eye out.  

PSYCHE!!!!!!

This post was edited by my2cents at January 20, 2020 3:32 PM MST
      January 20, 2020 12:22 AM MST

• I wonder why violence like this is allowed in the main forum

but things of a sexual nature are not.

Sex is natural and usually even beautiful

I think violence is unnatural and is never a thing of beauty.

I will never understand societies twisted ideas of morality.

Hell, I can't even figure out answerMug's.

I thought you were repulsed by pics and talk of bodily fluids, Shar.

What do you call blood?
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 20, 2020 8:44 PM MST
      January 20, 2020 10:46 AM MST

Very good point.  I am so deadened to it, I forget.  Thank you.  I mean that.  I forget that there was a time where I could not even look at the screen if it portrayed something like this; and now, I mentally turn it off like it is okay.

This was from Game of Thrones and the first time I saw it I almost had a heart-attack.  I thought it was ME.    Should I remove it?  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 20, 2020 8:45 PM MST
      January 20, 2020 10:47 AM MST

• No.  Please leave it up.  It's a good conversation  to have..
      January 20, 2020 10:54 AM MST

Twinkle, for some, violence is sexual. I don’t have a normal sex drive or desire for it, but I do get excitement from fantasies of causing death and suffering. So it can be a thing of beauty depending on how you look at it. 
      January 20, 2020 10:57 AM MST

• You are correct in that people feel differently in regards to things.  The point I am making is about site moderation and what is, or isnt, allowed in the main forum.
      January 20, 2020 11:08 AM MST

It’s kind of a funny issue society has in general. 
      January 20, 2020 11:11 AM MST

I think violence is unnatural.

Violence is certainly unnatural for me. More and more, I know this is true for me. I think I've always been that way, maybe, but never have I seen it stated quite so simply in one phrase.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 20, 2020 8:47 PM MST
      January 20, 2020 12:13 PM MST

If you think about it though, violence is actually very natural. It has been a part of human culture throughout time. There is a reason we often gravitate towards healthy outlets that help keep our violent natures in check. 
      January 20, 2020 12:17 PM MST

I get your point, yeah -- for me, though, violence seems not to be a part of me as a individual. I've been in one, literally, one, physical fight in my life - - when I was about 12 years old. He insulted my sister. The fight was immediately over when he sat on me. :)

I can truly say that rarely, if ever, do I have thoughts of wanting to harm anyone in any way. In fact, it's a great, great fear of mine to harm anyone in any way. I don't ever want to even hurt anyone's feelings (regardless of all the hugely verbal "anti-PC people" constantly griping about how PC culture tries not to hurt feelings, as if hurting people's feelings is a healthy goal in life, as if we all should purposely go out and intentionally try to hurt people's feelings). 
    Violence is not part of my nature or makeup as an individual, regardless of what larger cultures may do with a violent tendency.

(And, yet, I know there is an inbred hypocrisy within me - - I'm sure there is probably violence in me somehow. I admit to enjoy eating meat - - and if I witnessed the life and death of animals in the process -- I would not enjoy the violence and their deaths, yet, I still eat meat.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 20, 2020 4:54 PM MST
      January 20, 2020 12:26 PM MST

Well, I can see not wanting to have confrontations with others or to get hurt—but a lot of times the need for violence manifests in different ways. It can simply appear as a need for adrenaline. And while I’m sure that not everyone feels a need for violence nor does everyone have rage, it is definitely evident that humans gravitate towards violence in media and often play games or do sports that allow them to get that energy out of their systems in a safe way. 

In some ways I kind of envy you, because the pleasures you find in life are ones that are safe and livable. You don’t have to struggle with an urge you can never truly execute without serious repercussions, and you are unlikely to make serious enemies. 
      January 20, 2020 12:34 PM MST

I certainly admit to getting mad or angry at times but I may work through it by exercising, breathing deeply, prayer or running. And I certainly deal with anxiety but have been getting so much healthier-for-me in my coping with all that.

Yeah, even some competitive sports I have challenges watching -- I'd MUCH rather see physically fit attractive men do other stuff with each than beating each other up! Ha!
    ;)
    ;)

I don't fit into society in some ways, I realize :)
      January 20, 2020 12:47 PM MST

Yes, you are truly unusual! Or am I the unusual one? I think we are both a bit strange, just different ends of the spectrum. 
      January 20, 2020 12:51 PM MST

Been thinking about war again after your comment here. The concept of War disappoints me. I have respect for people who have had to go to war, and those who volunteer for service, but I find it terribly sad that we humans, as a so-called intelligent species, so often seem not to be able to work through disagreements without resorting to war, killing and violence.

But, like Twinkle Has The Most Stuff said, it's all a good conversation to have. :)
      January 20, 2020 12:40 PM MST

With war, I think the fundamental problem is that we are not as intelligent or evolved as we believe. We are rather flawed beings, many of which may have had some form of psychological f’ing up growing up whether we realize it or not. On top of that, there are just too many of us. It’s a nice thought that we could sit down, conference, and just come to a happy middle ground and live and let live, but our egos will never allow it, and it only takes a few dissenters to stoke the fire. 
      January 20, 2020 12:44 PM MST

I agree with you Welby.  I feel it is not in human nature to want to kill one another.  Granted, we will protect our loved ones and ourselves if need be but willfully going out to hurt another is not how we are wired.  Some unfortuante people are but not most.  We have to be programmed to do such things.  
    The natural instinct for survival will kick in when threatened but I have not desire to hurt anyone physically or mentally.  I will go out an endanger myself before I would sit and watch someone else get hurt.  I don't even watch torture scenes in movies.  Why people find that entertaining I have never understood.

You wrapped it up in one sentence.  I think you delivered the perfect package.
    :) :)!
      January 20, 2020 1:04 PM MST