Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Recently I discovered and fell in love with a remake of an old song. When did you take a surprise liking to an old song? What song was it?

Recently I discovered and fell in love with a remake of an old song. When did you take a surprise liking to an old song? What song was it?

She and Him" performing a cover version
of Dusty Springfield's 1964 hit single "Stay Awhile".

Posted - January 20, 2020

Responses

• I love She & Him. They are wonderful. My college soundtrack.

I hadn't heard this cover before, but it is pretty good. I like plenty of old songs, but I'm not sure that I'm familiar with too many remakes of them.
      January 20, 2020 11:47 PM MST

I fell in love with Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold of Me"

By chance, I discovered that she was the kicka** female vocalist in Flo Rida's "Good Feeling"
    and that he simply had taken the opening moments of her "Something's Got a Hold of Me" and made an entirely new song.
    :)
    I like both songs an awful lot.

I'll post both songs.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 21, 2020 7:50 AM MST
      January 21, 2020 7:46 AM MST

January 21, 2020 7:50 AM MST

I certainly like her a lot, too! I like what they do with "Bad" here!

In general, I sort of wish her brother got a bit more credit, too. I admire Billie in how she really credits her brother a lot. (I assume that's him here but maybe not -- I've only seen a couple of pictures of him.)

And, lately, I'm enjoying Michael Jackson's music more than I used to. Don't know why.
      January 21, 2020 8:12 AM MST

Tinky Winky Dinky [I like your latest name, even though your Stuff is gone :)]

This song and video are LOVELY - - are the man and woman in the video She and Him? I was enamored immediately with this woman! What a graceful dancer and beautiful woman!

Of course, I was in lust with the guy off the bat, too.

In a great way to me, she sounds so much like Dusty Springfield to me (here we go with Adele and Lauren again, ha)

I love the costumes and set fro the video, too

Is this them performing the song? I've not heard of them. I'll need to maybe be like Nevan B and get familiar with their music.

January 21, 2020 7:57 AM MST

• I love this song you posted! I’d not heard it before, I’m gonna download it, STAT! 
      January 21, 2020 6:33 PM MST

This post was edited by Flint Ironstag at January 22, 2020 1:00 AM MST
      January 22, 2020 12:59 AM MST