Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Why are so many modern luminaries so heavy when it plainly states Light Bulb on the box they come packaged in...? :(

Why are so many modern luminaries so heavy when it plainly states Light Bulb on the box they come packaged in...? :(

Posted - January 24, 2020

Responses

• There is very little truth in advertising.
      January 24, 2020 9:44 PM MST

Thanks for enlightening me about that...as long as you don't think I'm some kind of Dim Wit now...:(
      January 24, 2020 10:13 PM MST

Define “ so heavy”. 
      January 25, 2020 6:10 AM MST

Can you not weight for my answer, as I need to whigh up what I'm gonna say..:) 
      April 8, 2020 4:40 PM MDT

LED' Light bulbs are heavier, why I do not know.  I am thinking the Engineers forgot their Hogwarts training and did not use the Levitosa spell properly.
      January 25, 2020 9:01 AM MST

You learn well Grasshopper from your Misstress ......That one was just kept HID from me....:)D  
      April 8, 2020 4:49 PM MDT

LOL! I love inadvertent malapropisms created by typing errors, as in Nice Jug's question!

There are many differences between the intended luminaires and luminaries, and the latter would probably object to being wrapped in a box labelled "Light Bulbs", but they certainly would be heavier than the former! :-) 

[To answer Archerchef, the LED bulbs are heavier than equivalent simple filament lamps because their bases contain the necessary low-voltage power-supply. ]
      April 8, 2020 4:13 PM MDT

Ill thank you not to make light of my questions...it was not intended to Rays a laugh....  :) 

It funny....I see this question pop up and wanted to answer it as I thought it was brilliant and funny...I was just so shocked when I saw it was one of mine...lol
    I have the most terrible memory.....My mother use to say that I forgot thing on purpose ....now I think she wrong :(  
      April 8, 2020 4:59 PM MDT

You and me likewise on memory, then! :-)
      April 16, 2020 2:47 PM MDT