Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Who is/are your hero or heroes?

Who is/are your hero or heroes?

Why them? 

Posted - January 27, 2020

Responses

The Captain and crews of The Sea Shepard Austrailan  anti whaling ship thats doing its upmost to prevent the Japanese from slaughtering thousand of defenceless whales and their babies....  Of course none of their flesh is ever eaten.....I think those thst eat them should be thrown to the Sharks...
      January 27, 2020 3:42 PM MST

I like the thinking here, NJ. Not just because I’m an environmentalist myself, but because it’s so outside the box. Nice. 
      January 27, 2020 3:46 PM MST

Why anyone would want to hurt or wish to eat such beautiful friendly creatures is beyond me...once harpooned ,they scream for up to an hour...Norway and Iceland still Whale commercialy to....
    I think it's the Danes that own the Faroe isles of of Scotland that herd whole Pods of Pilot Whales into Bays and kill the whole Pod with chain saws .......They no longer eat the meat.....they kill them to blood their children..There are some seriously sick people in this world we all have to live together in.. 
      January 27, 2020 4:36 PM MST

This is so disturbing. I don't know why I feel more for animals than people.  Kids and animals are so vulnerable that you cannot help but feel their fear and pain, I guess.  I want to save them all.  
      January 27, 2020 4:48 PM MST

To kill to eat is nature....every living growing thing will one day end up being food again for another younger living thing...
    To slaughter for the sake of it and let it go to waste is evil and makes no sense at all
      January 27, 2020 5:01 PM MST

I have a lot of them, actually.  Anyone who can do something that is hard to do better than I can, is a hero of sorts.  They teach me.  I am grateful.  I feel --SERIOUSLY FEEL -- when I go into a grocery store and see a mentally challenged man or woman happy at his job and wanting to just do the best job ever, I feel admiration.  I silently thank that person for reminding me how lucky I am and how many things to see that matter; besides the usual things I complain about in my head. 

So, I think those people the simple, the humble, the plain good, that do their jobs with no complaints, are great saints in my book.  They spread nothing but happy and ask for very little in return.  Saints.

My dad and my mom.  Amazing humans.  Did their duty and did it like soldiers.  They loved me and my brother and would do anything for us.

Lt. Vindman

Maybe John Bolton.  Please, God.  Have a sense of humor and let Bolton rip Trump a new one.  Please, God? 

The Whistleblower

Lev Parnas

The FIRST GUY.   The Ambassador who heard everything.  Love that guy.  Gordon Sondland
    Gordon Sondland official photo.jpg

Adam Schiff

Bernie Sanders

Cenk Uygur

Satya Sai Baba This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 27, 2020 10:49 PM MST
      January 27, 2020 4:37 PM MST

Thanks. Sharonna. I agree heroes can be found all around us. From those who stand up against opposition for what they believe, to those who lead us to believe in ourselves. 

This is a wonderful mindset. 

January 27, 2020 8:59 PM MST

No heroes...ever.
      January 27, 2020 4:45 PM MST

Hell is for HEROES.   (I think it was a book) 
      January 27, 2020 4:46 PM MST

You are one of my heroes, Element.
    You can't cancel yourself out.  I won't allow it.
      January 27, 2020 10:52 PM MST

January 27, 2020 7:27 PM MST

Yeah, sandwich makers are an under appreciated lot. 
      January 27, 2020 9:05 PM MST

Is that what Jesus meant at the Sermon on the Mount when he said, "Blessed are the cheese-placers"?...
      January 27, 2020 9:12 PM MST

Right now, my son. Child Protection Services have just given him sole custody of his children due to maternal neglect, and he's risen to the challenge of being a single parent (at no notice) admirably.
      January 27, 2020 7:27 PM MST

No small matter. Who are we if we can’t be heroes for our children? 
      January 27, 2020 9:01 PM MST

Harriet Tubman

I strongly, strongly remember first reading about her during a silent reading time in my school classroom at about 12 years old. I was so emotionally moved - - the things she endured (along with countless others, as far as slavery) and then what she went on and did in her life - it all stunned me to the point of being visibly upset, yet, also, with total awe and admiration -- visibly shook enough for my teacher to ask me if I were OK. 

As I continue journeying on in life, my regard for her has only increased. 

Image result for harriet tubman
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 28, 2020 1:38 PM MST
      January 27, 2020 9:50 PM MST

Second that. Well said. 
      January 28, 2020 3:16 AM MST

Thanks, Don Barzini.
    :)
      January 28, 2020 6:46 AM MST

My heroes/heroines list continues to grow and change.  I won't bore you with its' entirety.

Yesterday, however, I did include Nathan and Lorraine from Avis to my list of heroes.
    They found my iphone while cleaning our rented car and turned it into lost and found.
    To me, that is considered hero action in this day and age.

January 27, 2020 11:01 PM MST

I think there is much to be said for the everyday good deed, and for the heroes who don’t get publicity for doing them. 
      January 28, 2020 3:35 AM MST

• Here are a few.

Marvin John Heemeyer.

The man built an impenetrable tank out of bulldozer. The killdozer.   When his town and a few rich investors screwed him and his business he built to ruin .   After years of trying to fight the good fight and losing.  Marvin manned-up to level 9000 and made all those eastwards pay.  Total destruction of everything and not one causality.  This is the type of man we want representing America and  American values. Man is a true legend and hero.

Ken Carter
    The Mad Canadian who built a rocket booster powered Lincoln an1500 ft ramp to jump the St Lawrence river.    If that doesn't impress you then read it again after your balls drop.  The man spent two years preparing to.jump from.one country into another over a 1.5 mile wide river.   

Kenny Powers
    The American stuntman who ended up being pushed I. The drivers seat o Carter's car and doing the jump.  Carter was waiting for better wind conditions.  The media organizers and punters got anxious and without Carter's knowledge put American Powers in the car.   Total fail,  a strong headwind flipped it like a pancake and the Lincoln disintegrated in the river on impact.  Powers barely made it out.

January 30, 2020 8:53 AM MST

Perusing question categories, I came across this question again and I was ready to answer.

But I see that I already had answered.
    :)
      August 27, 2021 8:41 PM MDT