Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are there so many democrats on this small site?

Why are there so many democrats on this small site?

Posted - February 4, 2020

Responses

• Well I think they scared all the republicans away... Sharon yells. 
      February 4, 2020 8:01 PM MST

Hahaha. 
      February 4, 2020 8:02 PM MST

• :) 
      February 4, 2020 8:02 PM MST

• Now you see I was only kind of joking..lol. 
      February 5, 2020 5:10 PM MST

By the way, I watched the White Bear episode. The twist at the end was nice. At first I was unsure and it seemed like your very typical horror movie, and the guy didn’t even really drill into her...but then when it was all revealed it made sense. Not a bad idea. 
      February 5, 2020 5:34 PM MST

• Lol I didn’t want to tell you the twist at the end, I think that theme park would be a perfect place for you to work... :) 
      February 5, 2020 5:36 PM MST

Indeed! 
      February 5, 2020 5:43 PM MST

• Hopefully, because AM is a microcosm of the real world and there are a lot of Democrats everywhere.  Let's hope they all show up and vote in November.
      February 5, 2020 4:16 AM MST

Because a lot of conservatives do not discuss politics.

Some of the content has run some conservatives away. 

This post was edited by my2cents at February 6, 2020 10:07 AM MST
      February 5, 2020 4:34 AM MST

JA needs to drug-test her moderators
      February 5, 2020 5:16 PM MST

Test away. I can pass any drug test they make. Except caffine but that is ok....this is the Mug. 
      February 5, 2020 5:27 PM MST

After that comment you made, I'm doubtful ????
      February 5, 2020 8:20 PM MST

Please. ....
      February 6, 2020 5:40 AM MST

Well, then which is it? 
    You said, "Because a lot of conservatives do not discuss politics.". 
    That is patently false. You, for example, cannot let a negative comment about Trump go without jumping to his defense like you are the resident Trump bodyguard. 

Both sides have their vitriol, but your statement is patently false much like everything that comes out of the orange messiah's mouth.
      February 6, 2020 8:04 AM MST

Did you see the word "all" used? No. A lot. 

I am an odd one. I prefer to talk politics and religion....Two topics most people say they avoid. 

I know people who have voted Rep for years and their families do not know.
    I have seen people on TV for a political talk in a breakfast cafe where they asked raise your hand who is voting for Dem X and the Rep X....I seen a lady hold her husband's hand down while giving him the eye. 
    I know people here who are conservative whom avoid the political questions. 
    I know people in blue states that had no idea their area goes red every year. 
     (Sounds like they are not talking politics to me)

1. I am not all conservatives (glad to know you think that much of me...) 
    2. Trump is not Jesus/God
      February 6, 2020 8:57 AM MST

Yes...Trump thinks he's GOD and most of his evangelical flock believes he is the second coming of Christ.

You insinuated that conservatives do not talk politics. You are not the odd man out, you are atypical. 
    All the examples you cite are subjective.

"I know people in blue states that had no idea their area goes red every year"
    Ridiculous. New Hampshire WAS red and it is now blue.

Furthermore, I've said it before as have others, you use your position as a moderator to passive-aggressively control the narrative with a false sense of authority that you present through your position as moderator.   The ONLY moderator.

Personally, I wish se4lf-proclaimed conservatives would shut their pie-holes then there would not be so much divisiveness. It is my experience that most progressives go after the Orange Messiah, King Donald while conservative attack liberals/progressives.

February 6, 2020 9:27 AM MST

The only people I know who refer to Trump as God are on the left. 

Isn't just about everthing subjective? Except maybe math. 

If anyone feels I have violated a rule here is always free to report it to JA. She is the boss. The rules are not set by me and I am not above them.
    I do not use my mod position to control the narrative. No one is moderated based on an opinion...all moderation is based on the TOS here. 

"Personally, I wish se4lf-proclaimed conservatives would shut their pie-holes then there would not be so much divisiveness. It is my experience that most progressives go after the Orange Messiah, King Donald while conservative attack liberals/progressives."

And that is exactly why some conservatives do not discuss politics. But somehow, it is twisted that conservatives are the ones who oppose free speech and are authoritarian.  

Thank you for proving my points. Both of them. 
    1. People do not like to discuss politics
    2. Content
      February 6, 2020 9:48 AM MST

With all due respect to Trumps Defense council, that is incorrect.

Trump and his followers believe he is the second coming of Christ. He and they have compared him to our savior, Jesus Christ.

Now, you are outright lying
      February 6, 2020 9:55 AM MST

As I have said before....Trump is NOT God/Jesus.....and the only one's using that language are those on the left.  But let me assure all....Trump is just our President...a great one, but still just President. 
      February 6, 2020 10:21 AM MST

We are merely mocking the convoluted, sickening comparisons to Christ and Trump that Trump and his cult have made.

That's a fact
      February 6, 2020 3:44 PM MST

'The only ones"? -- No, I have heard many conservatives on the Right compare Trump to Jesus. 
      February 6, 2020 6:09 PM MST

No, no one I know.  

I am not sure where you are at but is there a chance, they are being sarcastic because of the accusations by some? 
    I know a guy who Tweets about "King Trump" because he knows it gets under people's skin.
    Much like when Hillary called Trump supporters deplorables. Some started refering to themselves as deplorables. Or Offical Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy....or Just another bitter right winger clinging to God and guns....

We tend to take the line and throw it back. Makes t-shirt people lots of money. 
      February 6, 2020 7:35 PM MST

Some have gone on and on about how Mr Trump gets treated like Jesus got treated.

A person's recent letter to a local newspaper admirably compared him with Jesus

I get your point about some people going the sarcastic route (as tiresome as that gets; if the left went sarcastic, the right would be pissed and vice versa ad nauseum) but I see/hear some who are sincere in their belief about Jesus and Trump.

February 6, 2020 8:20 PM MST

All I can say is if they mean that to the extent you say....they are nutty.  

Both sides do it. I know Warren referred to herself as a Nasty Woman. 
      February 6, 2020 8:36 PM MST