Active Now

my2cents
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Medal of Freedom winners for RADIO. Lowell Thomas, Paul Harvey, Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh? Rush Limbaugh. Haw haw haw haw haw?

Medal of Freedom winners for RADIO. Lowell Thomas, Paul Harvey, Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh? Rush Limbaugh. Haw haw haw haw haw?

In one stroke of genius dumb don has once again cheapend something that used to mean something, tarnished it, brought it down to his level which is snake belly low. He pardons war criminals, racists cuz they're HIS PEOPLE BY GOLLY BY GUM.

Y'all love it when he does that don't you? Y'all just get all off on it. Destroy crush annihilate cheapen vilify reduce minimize crush poison putrify.

He has only just begun. Wait and see what else he will come up with to bring down. In your town?

Posted - February 5, 2020

Responses

Rush was awarded for his charity support. 

Limbaugh holds an annual fundraising telethon called the "EIB Cure-a-Thon"[195] for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.[196] In 2006, the EIB Cure-a-Thon conducted its 16th annual telethon, raising $1.7 million,[197] totaling over $15 million since the first cure-a-thon.[198] According to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society annual reports, Limbaugh personally contributed between $100,000 and $499,999 from 2000–2005 and 2007,[199]and Limbaugh said that he contributed around $250,000 in 2003, 2004 and 2005.[200]NewsMax reported Limbaugh donated $250,000 in 2006,[201] and the Society's 2006 annual report placed him in the $500,000 to $999,999 category.[199]Limbaugh donated $320,000 during the 2007 Cure-a-Thon,[202] which the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society reported had raised $3.1 million.[203] On his radio program April 18, 2008, Limbaugh pledged $400,000 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society after being challenged by two listeners to increase his initial pledge of $300,000.
      February 5, 2020 9:16 AM MST

Eh ... it's been awarded numerous times, just because someone is a celebrity.

Tiger Woods 
    Babe Ruth
    Elvis Presley
    Steven Spielberg
      February 5, 2020 10:15 AM MST

You are SERIOUSLY comparing Tiger Babe Elvis and Steve to rush limbaugh? Are you out of your mind? What is his talent expertise excellence other than being an extreme right-wing hardnosed political hack? Why not look up the list of recipients in the past Walt. What has rush contributed in the way of excellence talent expertise? C'mon. Think real hard. WHAT? Thank you for your reply. Look up the areas of awards and the recipients of those awards and then return here and look me in the eye without feeling silly. Sheesh. This post was edited by RosieG at February 5, 2020 11:35 AM MST
      February 5, 2020 10:21 AM MST

For what Rush has contributed See my answer above. 
      February 5, 2020 10:33 AM MST

I had no idea m2c. Thank you for educating me. So somewhere inside he has a heart. Good to know. Why isn't that advertised more? Well of course if it were I'd slam the crap out of him for using what he does charitably to aggrandize himself. It speaks well for him. I give you that. :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 5, 2020 12:51 PM MST
      February 5, 2020 11:37 AM MST

I did not know until last night. 
      February 5, 2020 12:52 PM MST

Even if you discount his charitable giving ... Rush had the achievement of showing that "right wing" political talk shows not only represented a large portion of our society, they could be economically viable.  Prior to his show, about the only "right wing" talk you would hear on the radio was during sports shows.

He and Fox brought media political bias out of innuendo and shadow, to the spotlight.
      February 5, 2020 11:21 AM MST

Ya know you have an excellent point there m'dear! Excellent. The dumb don approval rating is now at it's highest point allegedly. 49%! What about Alex Jones and Dr. Laura and Ann Coulter and all the other pro dumb don "celebrities" who have shows? Is Rush the only one standing or was he first and loudest? Thank you for your VERY thoughtful point. I don't see what you said as a "talent" or a "good" I view it as a vile abomination. But I am not them and "they" of the 49% like it embrace it accept it support it defend it live it. Who am I to decry it? :(
      February 5, 2020 11:32 AM MST

Ah yes, Tiger Woods, the golfer, the carouser, and the adulterer. Ah yes, Babe Ruth, the baseball player, the drunk, the carouser, and the adulterer. Ah yes, Elvis Presley, the singer, movie star, adulterer, drunk, and drug abuser. Ah yes, Steven Spielberg, director, producer, and filmmaker in the pedophile-filled, corrupt, and satanic Hollywood. SERIOUSLY, you recognize those people as being just fine yet you condemn Rush Limbaugh because he is a conservative talk show host whom you hate because of it? SERIOUSLY?
      February 5, 2020 11:23 AM MST