Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If your neighbor was undocumented and has the Coronavirus, should he be treated for free?

If your neighbor was undocumented and has the Coronavirus, should he be treated for free?

Posted - February 7, 2020

Responses

Nothing in this world should be free. 
      February 7, 2020 11:35 AM MST

Hello O,

So you would deny this person healthcare even at your own expense?  That’s good to know.

excon This post was edited by excon at February 11, 2020 6:30 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 11:39 AM MST

They can pay for their own healthcare or be removed and quarantined. 
      February 7, 2020 11:41 AM MST

Hello again, O:

Who pays for their removal?  Who pays for the quarantine? Wouldn't it be cheaper and safer to just treat them at home?

excon

This post was edited by excon at February 11, 2020 6:30 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 12:30 PM MST

I'm not sure you understand that disease and illness have no border.
    I'm speechless
      February 7, 2020 1:38 PM MST

I don’t care about where the person is from. I feel the same way about a documented, legal person. Either way, someone has to pay for that healthcare, and I am against a system where people are treated at the taxpayer’s expense. 
      February 7, 2020 4:04 PM MST

While your complaining about money, the virus spreads.

You must be losing your mind seeing the elderly and vererans receiving healthcare from medicare and the VA.
    And in case you missed the notice, hospitals are not allowed to turn people away who have life threatening illness or injury. The cost of that is passed along through higher costs to wvwryone else.

This post was edited by Jon at February 11, 2020 6:32 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 5:07 PM MST

Medicare can absolutely be a problem, particularly since people are living longer now. That still focuses on a fraction of the population, and is ideally temporary since people do not have many years left. But with growing populations, it absolutely does have an effect on the economy. 

Again, this scenario uses an example of one person. Sure, in this case it might be better to treat this person. But in general, healthcare should not be universally free. Also, in many cases the coronavirus has not been fatal. 
      February 7, 2020 5:33 PM MST

Healthcare should be 100% available  for everyone. 
    There is no such thinng. As free healthcare. Congress may levy taxes as required for the security of the nation. Its in the constitution. So what, you pay a little more in taxes but you wontneed to secure it through an insurance agency. Are you happy to see people die in the US from treatable conditions? 
      February 11, 2020 10:11 PM MST

Who am I speaking for?  THE GOP?  Who think immigrants are trash?  Just burn the guy alive. It is for the good of the Children of the Corn mentality.  You know?  Sacrifice the bad seed for the good of the power of the CORN.  

Ok.  I'm digressing.

The GOP who are moderates would sooner let the rest of us DIE rather than have someone get treated for free. Unless it was a member of their TRIBE.

So, speaking for me?  ALL PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM THIS VIRUS NEED TO BE TREATED FOR FREE.  THEY DID NOT ASK FOR THIS.  We are children of the Earth and we have the right to free health care.   Oh yeah, especially in light of the fact that MODERATE DEMOCRATS like that AHOLE Bloomberg could fork over a few billion to advertise that he is giving free health care to all;  to help this dilemna
    But he won't.  He is a Billionaire.  He can build himself a castle on a remote island till this thing blows over.  In a decade or two after the planet dies as well.

The end.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 11, 2020 6:33 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 12:37 PM MST

You are not entitled to other people’s money. If you want to live in a country where you must wait insanely long to actually see a doctor and get subpar treatment while you pay out the nose in taxes for other people who abuse the system, be my guest. I’d prefer to keep my money and choose where to spend it. 
      February 7, 2020 4:07 PM MST

We should quarentine, treat and then turn them over to ICE and follow the guidelines based on the history of the person. 
    Bill them for the treatment just like they would any other person.
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 7, 2020 1:01 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 1:00 PM MST

Why turn them over to ICE?---are you concerned that are not racially pure?

Didn't the Germans explore that sort of thing with the Jews in the early to mid 1940's?

(Should I have used hyphens there, Randy? Personally, I judged it to be too much effort---I seldom use certain keys on the keyboard and I am reduced to "hunt & peck" for hyphens and lines in Word.)
      February 7, 2020 2:04 PM MST

Nothing to do with race.

Everything to do with following the immigration laws of our country. This post was edited by my2cents at February 7, 2020 2:17 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 2:16 PM MST

So you are concerned that every one of the neighbors you have may well be undocumented immigrants?

Well, OK---I guess.. This post was edited by tom jackson at February 7, 2020 3:43 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 2:35 PM MST

If they are then they should be turned over to ICE. 
      February 7, 2020 2:52 PM MST

Quarantine who? 

I want to know who is going to protect us frim people such as yourself who seem to believe that only undocumented immigrants carry disease.
      February 7, 2020 5:20 PM MST

The person with the coronavirus....that is the topic of the question. 
      February 7, 2020 6:05 PM MST

• It is in the best interest of everyone to first identify the illness and then treat it before worrying about the cost.  The logistics of how their health care is paid for and how the  accrued expense will be addressed as a result of securing everyone's safety can be worked out after the fact.

The price of not treating them stands to be far greater than doing so.

February 7, 2020 1:14 PM MST

I believe everyone, regardless of where they are born, deserves the exact level of quality healthcare.
    As far as I know, diseases and the subsequent pandemics know no borders.
      February 7, 2020 1:36 PM MST

If Trump could treat the corona virus with the equivalent Draconian (excessively harsh and severe) methods that he treats the immigrants at the Southern border of the US, there probably wouldn't be any case here in America.
      February 7, 2020 2:08 PM MST

Treating them, even for no cost, is far less expensive than having them out and infecting scads of others.  If they go untreated and die here, it will cost us to bury and/or ship them back from whence they came while running the risk of them getting more legal residents ill as well.
      February 7, 2020 2:21 PM MST

Health care is a funny thing---I read some years ago that if coverage was extended in reach and reimbursement of costs that eventually the total cost of health care would eventually start rising because it would eliminate the underlying reasons for many accidents and illnesses that occur over a typical lifetime.

February 7, 2020 2:40 PM MST

Well, if that's true, wouldn't you rather pay a higher price for health care to have a healthier population?
      February 7, 2020 9:51 PM MST