Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Which is worse, having your plans ruined by protesters or weather? COS MINE ARE BEING RUINED BY BOTH!

Which is worse, having your plans ruined by protesters or weather? COS MINE ARE BEING RUINED BY BOTH!

Posted - February 7, 2020

Responses

We don't get many protesters around where I live, but both would pretty much suck. I'd probably be madder about the protesters since they have the ability to control their actions and are choosing to be annoying, whereas weather is simply a force of nature. 
      February 7, 2020 11:40 AM MST

• Via trains are shut down between Montreal and Toronto because of First Nations protesters blocking the tracks. Also a winter storm, The whole province is shut down -_-  

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 7, 2020 4:05 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 11:53 AM MST

Dang, that sounds annoying. 
      February 7, 2020 4:05 PM MST

• It is, I’m just hoping it will be settled by tomorrow. I haven’t taken a train in months but I‘m booked on one this weekend. freakin protesters. 
      February 7, 2020 4:07 PM MST

Hope it gets better! What are they protesting? 
      February 7, 2020 4:09 PM MST

• To show solidarity with another tribe of First Nations people who got arrested in B.C. For blocking construction of  a pipe line there. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 7, 2020 4:15 PM MST
      February 7, 2020 4:11 PM MST

• But blocking off the general public’s ability to travel in a highly congested and travelled part of the province doesn’t really help gain them any kind of public support. It just pisses people off. 
      February 7, 2020 4:16 PM MST

Yeah, protesting causes more problems than it fixes, oft times. 
      February 7, 2020 4:17 PM MST

• Agree. 
      February 7, 2020 4:18 PM MST

What are they protesting about in Canada? 
      February 7, 2020 5:01 PM MST

• Short answer, A pipeline in B.C. They’ve still got the tracks barricaded today and I got a call from HR that they might book me on a bus tommorow.. A BUS! Gawd :( 
      February 8, 2020 6:38 AM MST

I just had a read as to why First Nation people's are protesting, and being someone who disagrees with the amount of building that is ruining the landscape here in the UK, I support their protest when it is regarding fat cats wanting to do away with more of their homeland because they refuse to recognise the indigenous sovereignty of these lands. 
    Personally, I am sick of the hypocrisy of corporations and government officials telling us on one hand how important our climate and wildlife is and forcing taxes and regulations on the people in order to make money, while on the other hand having no problem tearing up our greenery and brown lands, killing our wildlife in the name of building, big money and the ECONOMY, the game is rigged folks the economy is built on how much each president, or Prime Minister is willing to spend when elected, if they print and so spend more money they put future generations in debt (debt slavery), and reduce the worth of money, and if they withhold spending, our way of life is reduced and they tend to privatise more public bodies and tear down more of our landscape in order to make money.

So in this specific case I'd opt for weather, since firstly I believe that indigenous people should have a stake in their lands as I believe that the diversity of culture, history and race makes life more interesting, and secondly, because I am a keen gardener, and I like to be outdoors enjoying the wildlife and woodland which the weather can sometimes call time on. :)
      February 7, 2020 2:11 PM MST

• That’s fair and I guess I understand their protest, but I really need to be on a train by Sunday, so I’m angry at them. I’ll put you down for weather though :) happy gardening! :) 
      February 7, 2020 2:15 PM MST

WHy are you ignoring me?
      February 7, 2020 5:44 PM MST

Then I completely understand why you are angry, I hope you get there :)
      February 7, 2020 5:48 PM MST

• Thank you :) they’re going to make me take a freakin bus though if the trains aren’t running by tommorow. I hate that so much. 
      February 8, 2020 6:39 AM MST