Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Environment » The most recent time you heard a gurgling sound, what was causing it? Did you investigate? Did you stop it? ~

The most recent time you heard a gurgling sound, what was causing it? Did you investigate? Did you stop it? ~

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

Yes, just yesterday. My coffee maker was gurgling and it stopped itself when it was done. :)
      October 23, 2020 10:57 PM MDT

It was me.  I've had a sore throat.
      October 24, 2020 1:09 AM MDT

I hope you’re feeling better soon. 

~

October 24, 2020 6:40 AM MDT

Thanks.  I never get sick but I had a killer sore throat.  My nurse sister told me to gargle with warm salty water which helped the pain.  Then I read to gargle with peroxide.  I've never heard of that before but I did that too.  Broth soup and ice cream were heavily called for. 
      October 24, 2020 9:01 PM MDT

Since I was very young, about six years old, my mother advocated the salty water remedy for sore throats. I like your endorsement of the ice cream method. 

October 25, 2020 12:58 AM MDT

My stomach
    gurgling all of the time
      October 24, 2020 7:43 AM MDT

The sink, when I pulled the plug after washing the dishes.  Stopped itself when it was empty.
      October 24, 2020 11:41 PM MDT

Not really "gurgling" (oh that is a lovely onomatopoea!) but definitely the sound of water rushing through a pipe. It would start suddenly, run for a few minutes and stop just as abruptly.

Took me ages to trace it, and I did wonder if the mains feed from the street had a branch to my neighbour -  not unknown in 100-year old homes and in fact my first house was the middle of three served from a single stop-cock.

Eventually, after clearing out the accumulated earth filling my neighbour's stop-cock chamber, I discovered the sound's source...

... My under-worktop freezer.

It has a fairly wide vocabulary, and occasionally really does sound like water flowing in a pipe. 

+++

A few years ago, not long after moving into my home now, I heard quiet but very odd, bubbly gurglings apparently from below my other neighbour's conservatory. She identified the sounds - a croaking frog.  
      December 4, 2020 3:26 PM MST

Outside drains filling with rain overflow. And no, nothing I could do to stop it.
      January 6, 2021 10:18 PM MST