Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Games » Fans of the TV game show “Jeopardy!”, what are your impressions of the two-week guest host swap?

Fans of the TV game show “Jeopardy!”, what are your impressions of the two-week guest host swap?

I’ve gone from being an avid and loyal fan in the Alex Trebek years and the Ken Jennings guest host days, to a disappointed and disillusioned opponent of the gimmick of rotating guest hosts every two weeks. I don’t get the same enjoyment and satisfaction out of watching it that I once did, and that’s not merely because the patriarch has passed away, it’s also because it’s become smarmy and jaded. The revolving hosts give the show a cheap veneer, a tawdriness. On one two-week period, I did not watch at all because I have little admiration for the person who held that stint. I gave it another chance after that, but I have once again bowed out. It’s a combination of the switcheroo and the people selected to populate it. I think the whole thing stinks of something that has changed the nature of the show in grossly negative ways. As much as it pains me to let it go, I can’t stick with something I loved and respected while corporate producers twist it into ugliness and sideshow tripe.

:(

Posted - April 23, 2021

Responses

Anderson Cooper is doing an excellent job. I think some may be auditioning for the job. July brings Lavar Burton. That should be interesting. What's are?? This post was edited by Element 99 at April 23, 2021 11:28 PM MDT
      April 23, 2021 8:45 PM MDT

I simply refused to watch Curric.  The producer guy was great.  Erin Rogers was better than I expected.  Anderson Cooper...vomit over and over. 
      April 24, 2021 7:42 PM MDT

Lol. 

~

April 24, 2021 8:54 PM MDT