Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » When you were 12 years old or younger, which real or imaginary children’s literary character did you want to be? ~

When you were 12 years old or younger, which real or imaginary children’s literary character did you want to be? ~

Posted - May 30, 2021

Responses

May 31, 2021 7:32 PM MDT

I had a couple of friends who were really into that book and The Lord of the Rings and they highly recommended that I read all the books before I saw any of the movies.
    I had lots of challenges trying to keep the characters 'straight' in my head --  I even got confused if the name was a person or a kingdom/land.  :)

I enjoyed reading all of them, though, with my friends' help.

Is Baggins a friendly guy who lived in a house on top of a hill? I'm thinking he was - - and he is my favorite character in the whole series of books or whatever. And I don't think he was even in the movies? I always pictured actor Ernest Borgnine when I envisioned the character -- if I'm thinking of the correct character.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 8, 2021 9:01 AM MDT
      August 6, 2021 7:49 PM MDT

Under the Hill (or more correctly, inside it). Hobbits generally live underground, in houses much like our own, but dug rather than built, with panelled walls and floors over the rough earth. When there is a lack of suitable terrain for burrowing they do build above ground, but even then the houses are made to resemble burrows as much as possible - walls somewhat bulged, roofed with turf, and with round windows and doors.
      August 8, 2021 1:45 AM MDT

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Thanks.  :)
      August 8, 2021 3:29 AM MDT