Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Have you been made aware that the year 2023 will feature a variation on GPF Officer Randolph D Randall’s posts?

Have you been made aware that the year 2023 will feature a variation on GPF Officer Randolph D Randall’s posts?

The friendly neighborhood officer who recognizes good practices and issues praise for them:

Notifications of grammar rules and regulations:

Gentle warnings:

Stern warnings:

Stringent enforcement measures for repeat offenders and those who willfully commit infractions to bait or goad officers:

Citations deemed to be routine in nature will still be annotated by this familiar graphic:

In those rare occasions of disputed citations, please keep in mind that the officer’s cousin and uncle are both sitting judges who preside over these cases. (Not  to dissuade dissenting opinions, just letting you know. Cough, cough.)

NOTE: as usual, any and all corrections or edits that you make will result in the officer’s post being deleted without further comment as soon as he knows you’ve taken that action.

~

Posted - December 29, 2022

Responses

No grammar riot police or grammar SWAT teams?  Don’t worry, I’m sure your guy with the club will be wholly insufficient to deal with my planned grammar rebellion on Sunday morning right after midnight.
      December 29, 2022 5:24 PM MST

Gee, big surprise; the criminal Queenpin has a vile plot already mapped out. We’ll keep your usual jail cell in top condition for you. Grrrrrrr.

:(

December 29, 2022 7:10 PM MST

Hmmm...  looks to me like someone has too much time on their hands.
      December 29, 2022 5:47 PM MST

If there that bored I can give them something to do 
      December 29, 2022 7:02 PM MST

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:[

December 29, 2022 7:06 PM MST

Hey!  Thats no fair!  Your using the guy with the club to early!  Its not New Years’ Day yet! 
      December 29, 2022 7:41 PM MST

Grrrrrrr. Grrrrrrrr. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

December 29, 2022 7:42 PM MST

Have you been made aware that most of us are tired of this grammar cop nonsense? Nothing you do will make it funny or clever or appreciated. In this forum, typos, missed punctuation and other grammatical errors are less important than engaging with fellow muggers. This tired grammar cop routine is just as impolite on answerMug as it is in real life.
      December 30, 2022 4:36 AM MST

Lol, you can always do the same thing that dozens or hundreds of other people do: ignore it completely and/or ignore me completely. Don’t take my posts seriously at all and perhaps you won’t be as bothered by me. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right? Responding to it refuels it. There are things people post that annoy me (all of that Trump crap a certain member posts several times a day practically every single day, for instance), and I chose not to participate in it at all. Remember, that Trump crap is not funny or clever or appreciated either. People have a right to post things that annoy me just as much as something I post annoys you and/or others. 

~

December 30, 2022 8:32 AM MST

Apparently you have not noticed that I do not respond to your grammar corrections. However, they are difficult to ignore completely when I have to scroll past a full page graphic to get to actual pertinent responses in a thread. This is not the same as ignoring an entire discussion that does not interest me. You could use your skill at ignoring things to ignore grammar and typing mistakes.
      December 30, 2022 9:08 AM MST

You’re 100% right; I could ignore them if I wanted to, I choose not to ignore them. We all have the right to pay attention to that which we choose and to ignore that which we choose, correct?

December 30, 2022 10:40 AM MST

I'd like to see a grammar cop come at me with a club. I would grab it and stick it in a place were the  dangling modifiers don't shine. Cheers and Happy New Year!
      December 30, 2022 8:34 AM MST

Wow, ZERO errors! Great job, Pal!

(((I guess you couldn’t resist your pledge to cease answering any of my posts, LOL. Not to worry, many others flock to the magnetism of the Ol’ Randmaster too, whether fans or opponents, LOL. You’re not alone.)))

Happy New Year and cheers to you, too!
    ~

December 30, 2022 8:51 AM MST

Great!  So, you’re going to be at my grammar protest Sunday morning after midnight?  It’ll be fun.  We’re going to throw Molotov cocktails at the grammar police headquarters and overturn grammar police cars!  We’ll also have a dunk tank, whack-a-mole, that claw thing where you pick up stuffed animals and a bounce house!
      December 30, 2022 8:58 AM MST

I can only be there in sprit because my wife is still in home palliative care and I have a New Year ham to cook. I haven't overturned a cop car since the 2007 Battle in Seattle (WTO protest) but I bet I would still be pretty good at it. Cheers and Happy New Year!
      December 30, 2022 9:41 AM MST

December 30, 2022 10:49 AM MST

I just looked it up.  That graphic is from Saint George, Utah, a good place indeed to set up shop. Las Vegas is nearby, San Diego’s just down the road.
      December 30, 2022 4:51 PM MST

Corrected. Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass Go.

~

January 6, 2023 8:36 AM MST

Keep on posting that 'Trump crap'. I appreciate it. I also appreciate that I won't see that cop graphic in the discussion. 
      December 30, 2022 9:10 AM MST

Blah, blah, blah. 

January 1, 2023 10:24 AM MST

Meanwhile, at the Watch Commander’s Office:

Hmmmm, let’s see here, a quick perusal of the records should bring up a match. Ansley, Savvy; Ansley, Savvy; Ansley, Savvy. Ah, yes, here it is. Wow, not very much in this file, only a few citations scattered over an extremely long period of time. Well, that usually means a person who is in general well within compliance and only has an occasional slip-up. Quite normal, actually. I doubt there’s any need to look into it any further, so I’ll just file it away again . . . 

Hold on a second. This file has been flagged. Twice, in fact. First flag indicates suspicion of baiting and/or goading a specific officer by intentionally posting errors that call his attention to her. Second flag was placed to indicate she may be a “cop groupie” and has designs on this same officer.

In response, the officer has submitted paperwork to pursue the matter in an undercover setting, and even volunteers his free time to carry out surveillance when he’s off duty too. Wow, truly dedicated, this one. Everything appears to be in order except for the expense vouchers. Instead of the no-tell motels that we normally use, he states here that the suspect is high class and very sophisticated, therefore requiring 5-star hotels, and top-shelf accoutrements. HQ approved it, but that doesn’t really look like the Deputy Commissioner’s signature. Perhaps Internal Affairs needs to chat with this supposedly dedicated officer. I’ll pull his name and put it in their In Box. Randolph, Randall D, night shift. (Figures.)

~

This post was edited by Randy D at January 4, 2023 6:01 PM MST
      January 2, 2023 9:48 PM MST

January 4, 2023 6:05 PM MST

You underestimate the power of the split infinitive.

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 5, 2023 7:18 AM MST
      January 5, 2023 2:54 AM MST