Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Education » Do you know any kids that will be starting kindergarten this year?

Do you know any kids that will be starting kindergarten this year?

Our Grandson will be starting kindergarten this year. It is going to be a big change for him but I bet it won't take long for him to fit in and become the class clown. Cheers!

Posted - September 3, 2023

Responses

Yes!  My twins just finished their first three weeks of kindergarten.  It wasn’t as bad as I thought.  Only one kid came to school with their own smartphone.  That made it super east to say no to my own kids who’ve been hounding me for one.
      September 3, 2023 10:07 AM MDT

Yeah tell them they get no smartphone until they are 35. There are a lot of kids that spent the majority of their summer break goofing around on their phones. Cheers!
      September 3, 2023 11:37 AM MDT

That might be a problem.  I’m still not 35 yet myself.
      September 7, 2023 8:50 PM MDT

All of my grand kids except one are in elementary or high school.
      September 3, 2023 4:40 PM MDT

It's a calendar year thing in Australia given that our summer is December to February. My grandson is already at school (special unit due to Level 3 autism, he's non-verbal), the elder of my two granddaughters starts next year, her sister the year after. Kindergarten is pre-school in South Australia, Zayianna is already doing that. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at September 7, 2023 8:49 PM MDT
      September 3, 2023 5:01 PM MDT