Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is a Karen?

What is a Karen?

What's with the "Karen" meme going around this year? 

What are guy Karens called?

What are young Karens called?

What are old Karens called?

What does it mean to "be a Karen?"

What are Karens called in other countries?

Posted - July 22, 2020

Responses

Google is your friend.
      July 22, 2020 8:16 PM MDT

I want answers from here to show up on Google, thereby making Answermug more popular and win more ad revenue.
      July 22, 2020 8:24 PM MDT

It sounds more like you learned a new word which you think is unknown or unique in some way.     How disappointing for you.
      July 22, 2020 8:42 PM MDT

That makes sense!
      July 22, 2020 9:06 PM MDT

I don't.  You are welcome to click on the ads to help though.
      July 23, 2020 8:00 PM MDT

The stereotypical name associated with rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle aged white women.

Karens take everything wrong with the typical over entitled western woman and crank it up by several thousand percent. They are a mutated subspecies that descends from the Soccer Mom, and have many of their traits. Such as a short temper, a crown bowl haircut, an unnecessarily large SUV to take her kids to soccer practice and be a menace on the road, etc etc. But Karens have developed their own unique characteristics /antics as well. Including but not limited to;

-Reveling in making the life or retail workers a living hell by constantly making a scene over nothing and demanding to "speak to the manager" (a near universal battle cry among Karens).
    -Threatening to sue someone for a minor misdemeanor they may or may not have committed and may or may not have even involved Karen at all.
    -Treating the drive thru line like the set of a Mad Max film by cutting in line and honking at anyone who tries to get in. Even willing dent other people's cars to save 45 seconds in getting her $1 muffin. (Karens in this situation may or may not ask to speak to the drive thru worker's manager and / or threaten to sue the drivers of the car she just rammed.)
    -Being a part of the anti-vax crowd and relying on Essential Oils for the health of their children because of a Facebook post she saw.
    -Reading erotica that makes 50 shades of grey look like Hamlet by comparison in public.
    And Many Others. This post was edited by Element 99 at July 23, 2020 9:16 PM MDT
      July 23, 2020 8:20 AM MDT

Copy/pastes should provide the source.  Don't you agree?
      July 23, 2020 8:02 PM MDT

July 23, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

A new and insane buzzword for a loser.
      July 23, 2020 10:14 AM MDT

After reading your question and reading others' answers and threads, I was confused. I had no idea what everyone was talking about.
    I looked it all up.

I find this whole (new-to-me) thing with "Karen"- - dare I say it? - - stupid.

"Karen" is a fine name, and always will be for me. Along with her haircut.  :)

July 23, 2020 8:10 PM MDT