Active Now

Shuhak
my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Has science become the new religion?

Has science become the new religion?

How could this be possible if it could be?

Posted - October 14, 2016

Responses

There are some scientific theories that are still yet to be proven, yet we have faith that our belief in them is correct; in the same way that a religion relies on faith. So I guess it could be possible. BUT science relies far more on empirical examination .. it is more objective and is always searching for the how and the why. The two can co-exist, but one can not really be compared to the other.
      October 14, 2016 12:21 PM MDT

• Science sometimes requires a leap of faith just like religion, the difference is that scientific ideas and beliefs can change if new evidence arises, whereas religious ideas and beliefs are never supposed to change. However, if some people refuse to accept new scientific evidence or refuse to question what should be questioned, they could perhaps be treating science in the same dogmatic way that people treat religion. 
      October 14, 2016 1:05 PM MDT

I wouldn't say that science in general has become the new religion. However I would say that Evolution in particular has. Evolutionists often insist that evolution is a proved fact of science, providing the very framework of scientific interpretation, especially in the biological sciences. This, of course, is nothing but wishful thinking. Evolution is not even a scientific hypothesis, since there is no conceivable way in which it can be tested. So what does this mean? It means that it takes leaps of faith to believe, hence a new religion. This post was edited by Rufus Clancy at October 15, 2016 10:28 AM MDT
      October 15, 2016 10:28 AM MDT

Many have turned to science instead of God for the answers to their questions, with no success.
      December 11, 2016 12:15 AM MST