Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Did you know that you are always supposed to end up with cold water when you use heat, like in a bath or shower too? UGH!!!!!

Did you know that you are always supposed to end up with cold water when you use heat, like in a bath or shower too? UGH!!!!!

I hate cold water. 

Posted - October 16, 2016

Responses

I was told cold water would help if in heat... Nah, I have tried the trick when in a sauna... Both rolling in the snow as taking a cold shower... Very refreshing and makes the blood rush around inside the body...
      October 16, 2016 9:16 AM MDT

It supposedly is a  key in rejuvenation.    I hate cold water but I will give it a shot. 
      October 16, 2016 11:30 AM MDT

I have to admit I've only practicing this when I've been in the sauna first. :-)
      October 16, 2016 11:45 AM MDT

That is the very BEST time to do it, Saph.  You have to understand something so I don't sound like a know-it-all.  I am in school and everyday they inundate us with all kinds of "information" and when I talk like this, I want to see what other people think.   I don't necessarily call myself an expert on this cold/heat subject, but I trust this information because it seems to make a lot of sense in light of the way they are presenting it in showing how the muscles react to heat and cold.  (the problem is I have to bypass my sensitive NERVES to stand the treatment)   But the rule of thumb is AND THIS IS PROVEN, in injuries when applying ice and heat, always end with cold or you will pay later with the swelling and the added heat that normal irritation has already brought the injury site.

(see I am a nut because of school right now, it's all I do, sorry. LOL)
      October 16, 2016 11:52 AM MDT

Don't be sorry. I loved your reply, and it does make sense... All of it. :-)
      October 16, 2016 11:58 AM MDT

Well , Possibly ... However; I've always heard that after "Hot" , "Extremely warm" etc water ; that you should use "COOL" water , not necessarily "COLD" water .... to close your pores in your skin ...

The warm / hot water opens the pores in the skin .. allowing dirt and other impurities to get in ... BUT: if you use the cool water ; it closes the pores and keeps the dirt / impurities OUT and thus gives you a better complexion .... 
      October 16, 2016 11:19 AM MDT

Yes, but....

When you apply hot water it opens the pores and gets the dirt out.   When you apply cold it closes the pores, constricts the vessels and allows the muscles to "unswell" and tone and tighten.   Hot water swells.  Cold water constricts.  Cool water is certainly better but cold is best.  (depending on the subject of course) This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 16, 2016 11:31 AM MDT
      October 16, 2016 11:29 AM MDT

my water dont do that when i take a shower
      October 16, 2016 6:43 PM MDT

• where did this information come from?  What reasons are given?
      October 16, 2016 7:31 PM MDT