Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Did you ever notice that the guys on TV and in movies, who have scars on their faces and smoke, are almost always bad guys?

Did you ever notice that the guys on TV and in movies, who have scars on their faces and smoke, are almost always bad guys?

Posted - December 20, 2021

Responses

Yes, and in real life too.
      December 20, 2021 6:52 PM MST

Not Guy Pearce's character in "Memento."

Great movie to me! 

:)

(a.k.a., my favorite actor -- and not just because I find him very attractive)

December 20, 2021 7:23 PM MST

Neither one of those commas belong in that sentence at all. It’s one continuous clause that beats no need to be broken up with them.

December 20, 2021 7:31 PM MST

Yeah...I was thinking about that. Can you answer the question, now?
      December 20, 2021 7:33 PM MST

That comma doesn’t belong there either. I believe you put it there purposely, that you’re just baiting me. Everything in its time; first I address the grammar, then I decide as to whether or not I have a viable response to posts.  In this case, you haven’t done anything about the errant commas, so my hands are tied. I cannot answer the question while the infraction persists.

December 20, 2021 7:38 PM MST

Your Honour...please instruct him too answer the question?
      December 20, 2021 7:41 PM MST

Excerpt from the Grammar Officers’ Conduct Manual, 2021 Edition:

Chapter Six, page 51, Subsection D-11, third paragraph, lines 12 to 19 states in part that no Officer is compelled by public pressure or sentiments of any individual to overlook, ignore, set aside, acquiesce in disfavor of rules and regulations the citing of an infraction. Furthermore, even when and especially if the infraction is not the main focus of the alleged offender’s point, mission or motive, the Officer cannot be censured for upholding the law first, as is obligated by the expectation of due diligence in performing duties and tasks involving enforcement measures. No higher priority can ever be forced upon any Officer beyond applying the law as it is written, to include the flow of a conversation or the fluidity of commentary. The Officer cannot, however, explicitly or implicitly demand adherence to any element of grammar in any situation or circumstance. Judicial review of an Officer’s citation can only take place for those cases duly filed as defense challenges in Grammar Court. No judge nor jury can or shall interfere with the citation at the time that it is rendered by the Officer.
    ~

December 20, 2021 8:31 PM MST

Gppp.
      December 21, 2021 8:39 AM MST

Scars are almost always over one eye or the other too.
      December 20, 2021 7:40 PM MST

Aaaargh, pirate scars.

December 20, 2021 7:44 PM MST