Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Should impeachment start now regardless of who wins today?

Should impeachment start now regardless of who wins today?

Is automatic impeachment the only way to reform the primary process that produced Trump/Clinton?

Posted - November 8, 2016

Responses

Aren't you that paid political antagonist?  Or was that Heather?  Or was that both of you?  Nah, I have to be wrong because no one would pay for this stuff.
      November 8, 2016 12:54 PM MST

That's mean.  :(
      November 8, 2016 1:07 PM MST

I'm sorry.  I hope I am wrong.  Let's see how mean you get and I'll tell you.  If you are not  mean I will never be mean either.
      November 8, 2016 1:12 PM MST

• It might be the only way on this occasion,
    but it would be exceptionally costly if it had to be repeated at every election,
    and it would slow down the processes of government.

Reform would have to be much more radical than relying on existing law.
      November 8, 2016 12:56 PM MST

Sure, let's make our government even more dysfunctional and sclerotic than it already is. That will solve....um, what exactly?

If you have complaints about the process which produced the current situation, you should address the basic issues which include:

A) The overwhelming power of money in our political system, thanks to SCOTUS decisions like Buckley v. Valeo and Citizens United vs. FEC.

B) The conversion of our news media to profit-making ventures which prize spectacle (because it makes money) over actual journalism (which doesn't make money and threatens the Power That Be).

Impeaching a President because of...REASONS! doesn't address either of those fundamental problems.
      November 8, 2016 1:25 PM MST

• I think who ever wins it's a bloody big wake up call for you lot. ... and the rest of us!
    Things can't go on as they have been. . That's clear
      November 8, 2016 1:44 PM MST

Oz you guys just went through Brexit, right?  Are you sure you don't want to trade places with us? Oh wait, you are an Aussie.  MY BAD.

Never mind.  You win. LOL
      November 8, 2016 3:02 PM MST

• In regards to both the us and brexit we're like the pig that had a commitment to a bacon and egg breakfast lol
      November 8, 2016 4:13 PM MST

I am proud FOR you.  LOL  That is, I think I am proud for you if it is a complement to you, then I am.  I am not sure entirely.

Bacon and egg and pig?  That would mean that you would  be a cannibal.  I got that part.  So maybe I am insulting you.  HELLP.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 8, 2016 4:20 PM MST
      November 8, 2016 4:15 PM MST

• Is an old saying .. While the chicken has an interest in breakfast, the egg, the pig has a commitment with the bacon :)
      November 8, 2016 6:15 PM MST

Oh gee. That helped loads. 

WHAAAT the heck does THAT mean?
      November 8, 2016 6:17 PM MST

• Sounds good actually.

November 8, 2016 2:58 PM MST